BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire WebCams: Woohoo it's Friday!
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire WebCams: Archives: Archives 1999-2004: Archives - 2002-07-01 to 2002-11-27: Woohoo it's Friday!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 7:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, all you BT'ers! I have missed being able to get on line this past week. SOOO busy with the new job I haven't had time to check in until after Bonaire dark though I've scanned some of the threads for some great captures! Can anyone i.d. this image I found on Thursdays archives? Charlotte to the left and ? in the middle...
b.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 7:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe a big squid?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Snorkelguy {Scott} on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 7:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You bet, nice squid!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 7:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Those squid are awfully decieving in appearance..I should have figured out by now that if I wonder, it's a squid! Thanks, Scott!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maria Petrovic on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 3:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Barbara, Nice to see you back,How is the new job going. well I hope?
1 2 fish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 3:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

hi maria, a few quick posts before i go home for the holiday weekend...yipeee!!!

squid is back...jake i don't remember the squid hanging out this long last year...is this unusual?
cam9.jpg

cam1.jpg
cam2.jpg
cam3.jpg
cam4.jpg

this guy thought we wouldn't see him bombing the beach!
cam5.jpg
cam6.jpg
cam7.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 4:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We don't have that much data to go on with the squid, so I don't know how unusual or usual their behavior is...

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jos van osnabrugge on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 5:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hallo BT'ers , I am totally surprised that nobody posted the absolute stunning picture of the nightdiver!!!
When I logged in last Night ( thursday 29-08-02 /22:54:05 webcam time, 04:55:05 Dutch "working nightshift" time) this guy scared the **** out of me!!!!!
I'm a newbee at posting pictures , so only if nobody else checks the archives and posts this extreme ( scary) nightdiver I wil give it a go.
Probably with a lot of retry's.
Have fun .
Jos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jos van osnabrugge on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 5:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok here we go, if I got the instructions right there should be a nightdiverpicture posted.
nightdiver.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 5:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jos,Congratulations on your night diver capture. Nice one. Now all we need is an I.D. Annie B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 5:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That looks like a tec-diver with a head of hair. Lady diver???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ginny Stokes on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 6:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This pic is posted & identified on the thread for Wednesday, I think. Hard to believe, but it's Jake! And Bas is behind him somewhere. We don't usually see Jake's hair floating out like that... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ginny Stokes on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 6:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Slow, slow, slow at the office late on a Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend...staff is bailing out as soon as they can! And I'm wishing I were there on Bonaire. Here are a few lucky visitors:
mypic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jos van osnabrugge on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 6:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Ginny.

If you hadn't ID't the picture I probably would have missed the spawning picture's on the Wednesday-thread. Nice picture's Bas.
Seeing these UW-pictures I almost can't wait to try our new Sea&Sea camera in a real dive instead of the local swimmingpool.
My next change for a real dive might be somewhere mids Oktober of the Spanish coast . OK it's not Bonaire , but we are planning that for ....????
we'll see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 6:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,again, everyone....got a quick peek at the site early this morning from the operating room..had to compete for webtime with a surgeon previewing wakeboarding boats...The new job is going well, Maria, thanks for asking!
Heres' a quick visit from Picasso...a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 6:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hmm, looks better bigger...a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maria Petrovic on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 6:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Cynde, Glen, Annette, Scott,
Jos. Great Night diver pic, one of the best I,ve seen yet.
sunset
Here is a sunset,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 6:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbara, Glad to hear the new job is going well. Hope the webcams are turned off while operation in progress. LOL Annie B.

anything anything
Do we know these visitors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 6:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Maria, That is the first night diver that I have seen. Been dying to see one. Annie B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 6:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Visitors above are Michael & Donna Gaunt and friends. Had a nice dinner with them at It Rains Fishes last night.

As far my night dive photo - it's not hair but small exhaust bubbles from my regulator (and lungs) blowing past my head :-)

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 7:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for clearing that up Jake. Annie B.

anything anything

Let the sunsets begin. Soooooo Beutiful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 7:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

They get better.

anything anything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maria Petrovic on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 7:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for pointing that out Jake, I really thought it was hair too, I suppose its the night light. Great picture.
Hi Annie B.
Barbara, I,m pleased you like your job.(right decision then.?)
Picasso looks really clourful close up to the cam.

One more sunset.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 7:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

hey barbara, congratulations on your new job. glad it is going well.

jake...squid...all i remember is last year they were long gone by the time we got there (i was hoping that we would have seen some)...just seems like they have come back, or are hangning around longer. oh, and yes, the hair thing, thanks for clearing that up...everyone looks so "gender unidentifiable" in dive gear underwater...unless they are wearing pink gear:)...actually, it looks like the hair on "mugato"...(movie zoolander, actor will ferrell).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 7:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

More sunsets.

anything anything

anything anything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 7:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And the very last one.

anything

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration