BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire WebCams: Wednesday is Calamari Day
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire WebCams: Archives: Archives 1999-2004: Archives - 2002-07-01 to 2002-11-27: Wednesday is Calamari Day
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Snorkelguy {Scott} on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 5:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don’t recall ever seeing so many squid for such a prolonged period…

Must be to make up for the West Coast Die Off!

X

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 5:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Evening Scott. Someone just passed by the cam. Annie B.

anything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 5:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Scott and Annie...looks like someone has a barnacle!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 5:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbara, you better medicate him. lol Annie B.

anything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Snorkelguy {Scott} on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 5:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all. Gosh I hate it when I get barnacles, it’s so annoying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 5:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Perhaps an acne preparation for fishes? LOL, Annie!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, Annie, Scott!!! Slim's back! Wish he'd clean the lens!
a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

or maybe he's looking to surgically remove the barnacle :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By zodmeh on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

1,my picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By zodmeh on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

my picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbara, Now that's funny. Annie B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Snorkelguy {Scott} on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here’s Charlotte! No barnacles either.

x

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Snorkelguy {Scott} on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What we need is a good Surgeonfish!

(couldn’t resist being punny)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Someone peeking in...perhaps the mystery fish from earlier today..new angle!
b.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

GMTA, Scott!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Snorkelguy {Scott} on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That’s Charlotte, the resident Yellowtail Damselfish. She’s been around for quite some time.

c

More Info Link

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Charlotte looks quite sad. Maybe the sunsets will cheer her up. Annie B.

anything anything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Snork, Good capture of Charlotte. She sure is pretty. Any idea on how long these fishes live for. Annie B.

Forgetting my manners here. Evening Zodmeh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hmm, didn't recognize her without the tail in the first shot! She's also been upstaged by a number of other fish recently Annie, like hotlips, slim, squid! Must be getting to her :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Snork, Read the info on Damselfish. Didn't understand a flamin' word. Will read again tomorrow when the Wodka worn off. ( do you mind the name Snork, don't want to offend. me lazy) Annie B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 6:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

See, here's slim again...great link, Scott!
gobi.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 7:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbara, Slim's lovin' the limelight I think. Where is everybody else tonight. Annie B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 7:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe the wogga and back pills and late nights got to Martine...don't know about the rest and I'm getting close to signing out(pending any last minute great photos)! Have a good eve!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 7:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yep Barbara, Late for me too and I promised myself an early night. I'll say night night in case you, or I, want to go.

Another great sunset. anyting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Snorkelguy {Scott} on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 7:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don’t know how long they live. My guess is that life expectancy for marine fish is not generally well known unless reared in captivity and then it’s only life in captivity. With the exception of animals that have been tagged and followed for years (Whales, dolphins, etc.) I’ve personally never seen life expectancy statistics. It would be interesting to know if they do exist.

When I was a teenager I had a pair of Yellowtail Damselfish in an aquarium that lived for several years; of course I don’t know how old they were when I got them.

Please note that I’ve become quite the liberal in my old age and generally believe fish should enjoyed in their house and not mine (except with a lemon, olive oil & cappers.) Must be dinnertime!

Poor Charlotte, I agree I think she’s been pushed out of her old house, particularly by Hotlips (Orange Spot Filefish)

Goodnight…dinner time hear in the States (Mid-Atlantic), see you again soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 7:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Goodnight, Annie..I'm off into the traffic home! See you tomorrow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 7:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And goodnight, Scott!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Snorkelguy {Scott} on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 7:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

ooooo...

boat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 7:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Goodnight everybody. Tomorrow is another day. Sleep well. Annie B.

anything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 7:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nice sunset Snork, See ya tomorrow. Annie B.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration