BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire WebCams: Weather watching
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire WebCams: Archives: Archives 1999-2004: Archives - 2004-02-29 to 2004-08-31: Weather watching
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #409) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 2:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I had better put the tea and coffee on this morning with Martine going to work early. I am off to an early staff meeting. I hate getting up to do it but I prefer it to having to stay after work. Catch you all later :-)
I'm keeping my eye on the weather as Bob and I want to go camping at the weekend. Our site of choice last weekend had snow forecast so we didn't go! Even for the UK snow in June is very rare!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jos van osnabrugge (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1195) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 4:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Julia ,

that's nice ;-) , snowcamping in June!
You could build an iglo ( snowdome) instead of using a tent:-)
Blizzards in bikini or bathsuit;
That will get a nice tan on your back:-)

Weather watching here , so far : gushing rain, drizzle , blue skies and right this minute the sun is peeking trough the clouds.

Forecasts for today : Heavy thunderstorms with severe windsheer !!! really , I 'm not kidding:-(:-(:-(

have a great day anyway :-)
Sjosss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jenni Hardy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3907) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 5:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

grey

We have grey skies with rain on and off. Was dreadfully windy last night - gotta go check the patio furniture, and hope none is in the pond! We also had heavy heavy rain which has knocked all the petals off my roses and other flowers are all droopy with the weight of the rain :-(

Good luck with the camping weekend, Julia. Where you heading for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5822) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 5:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good Morning Julia (have a great weekend camping!), Jos and Jenni! We have clear skies today! We had a BBQ last night for Joel's service club. A bit messy today! My sister has her house now and will be moving all her things. She is close by now! Quinn is 2 months today:-). And I am going to spend the day at my parents:-).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5823) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 5:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Got your mail Jenni:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jos van osnabrugge (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1197) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 6:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Happy 2 months birthday Quinn ( and Eileen)

guess what ? Alexander is bored of crawling on his belly ! He is pulling himself to a stand know !
He will be 10 months next monday !!! I think I am going to buy him a crash helmet:-)

I wanna sail away !!!
ding(h)y
sjosss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5826) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 6:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow Jos! Just think of all the things Alexander will get into once he starts walking! :-) I emailed pics again Jos......your mailbox is full...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #11056) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 7:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi everyone. Yep, it is rotten weather where I am too. Wet, windy and cold. I have actually turned the heating on to get warm.

Julia. I hope it warms up for the weekend camping trip. Annie B.

anything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Elvira M. Bolanos (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #374) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 7:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good Morning All!!

Weather in Georgia is hot with with rain!!

Julia, I hope you have good weather for camping.
Jenni, maybe I miss it but when are you going to move to your new home?
Eileen, can't believe Quinn is 2 months. Have fun at your parents.
Jos, hopefully Alexander will be walking in not time.

Have a great day, :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5827) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 7:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good Morning Annie B. I hope the weather warms up!

Time to go! Cynde, congratulations to Dylon! I wish everyone a nice day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stigaard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #196) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 7:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Have some Starbucks Gold Coast coffee today :-)

Severe Thunder Boomers forecast with 80F and Humid. Another summer day in Georgia.

Still it sure beats snow for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Elvira M. Bolanos (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #375) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 7:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Annie,

Glad your eye is better!! Stay warm :-)

Bye Eileen!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5828) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 7:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good Morning Elvira! Thank-you! Now it is really time to go!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5829) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 7:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good Morning John!

Bye for real now! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Elvira M. Bolanos (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #376) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 7:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi John and thanks for the coffee! I think it is going to rain for the remaining of the week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #410) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 7:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Back for lunch.
We are going to the Yorkshire Dales to a little town called Hawes. We need to try the new tent out so a little bit of bad weather would not be too bad. We are not just fair weather campers but I hate getting wet and staying wet!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karin van Veen (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1363) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 7:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello all! Home for the afternoon. Expecting a storm here too, closed all the windows already!
Igor posted some "last shots" of the uw can yesterday, I have some too (shot on the same day!):
cam1
cam2
Igor about to clean the cam:
igor1
Busy:
igor2
notice Picasso is helping him!
igor3
And here you can see Cynthie too:
igor+cynthie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #11058) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 8:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Karin. Great shots there. Hopefully it won't be too long before we see pictures of the reef cam in it's new location. Annie B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karin van Veen (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1364) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 8:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I truly hope that too, Annie, although I think I won't get this close as a snorkeler next time! Maybe I should try diving now,.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #11060) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 10:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds like a good idea Karin. Why don't you give it a go. Annie B.

Found Grendel in the archives.

anything anything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By AK. Dan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1189) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning, everyone.

Anybody care for a great cup of Heritage Coffee? Roasted here in Juneau. Come on over!

Weather watching: Hot and dry here for the fifth consecutive day of record-breaking 80+ temps. Please, someone send us some rain!

Hey, did I miss something? I was catching up on a thread from a few days ago, and it sounded to me as if there won't be a porch cam anymore. Is this correct?

Julia, have a great camp! Lorinda and I bought a tent one year. Unfortunately, the rain fly only covered about half the door, and, of course, being Alaska, it rained the first night we were out. In fact, it was pouring when we got up the next morning, and opened the door. We got drenched! Inside the tent! We took the tent back to the store. I hope your tent works better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greta Badstebner (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #433) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dan~ There won't be a porch cam anymore. All cams will be at Eden beach resort, Wannadive & Bongos. The Richters will finally get some well-deserved privacy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greta Badstebner (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #434) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

BTW~ Hello everyone! Blue skies & sunny here in Big D today. High temps only going to be 88° F. WooHoo! Got down into the 60s last night...very rare indeed for the middle of June.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greta Badstebner (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #435) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nice shots Karin! I guess you will have to try diving if you want to see the reef cam on your next trip! :-)

Julia~ Good luck with the camping trip. Look at it this way....a little snow? or swealtering heat with mosquitoes? I'd take the cooler temps with a little snow anyday! Now the rain, well that's a different story. I'll pray that you won't have rain on your trip. Have a great time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2659) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Everyone!!!!
Hot humid and cloudy in NC today - we have the hazy muggy sky look today!!!
From the archives!!!
june2003.jpgjune2001.jpg
Wonder how Charlotte is doing!?!?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2660) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I also meant to say - Thanks to Karin for posting the pics of Igor cleaning the cam!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By AK. Dan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1193) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 2:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No porch cam; hmmmm, that's a bum, but I'm sure the Jake and family will enjoy the solitude.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #412) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 2:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The tent was the subject of much domestic 'discussion' before it was bought and the source of much delight to the teenage son of friends because we have no grass at our house so we had to borrow our friends garden to pitch it for the first time. We did not swear or argue, (and we lie a lot too). :-)
Our last tent we could pitch in 8 mins. This one took us an hour! :-(
However we did not want to look complete idiots on the campsite so it was not a futile execise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Schuler (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 5:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

sure miss the bonaire sunsets thanks to all

for posting the archived shots

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By AK. Dan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1196) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 6:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We just bought a new tent, also. Haven't tried putting it up yet, but will definitely do so in the privacy of own yard first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #11062) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 6:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Julia. I had to giggle when I read your tent story, it brought back some good memories, but I do not believe that you did not argue. LOL. Annie B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #11067) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 7:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Way past my bedtime. See you all tomorrow guys and gals. Annie B.

anything

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration