BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire WebCams: Supersonic Sunday
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire WebCams: Archives: Archives 1999-2004: Archives - 2003-06-01 to 2004-02-28: Supersonic Sunday
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #381) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 6:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

As the cams are off again -

26 years ago today Concorde first landed in New York and in 5 days it is the final flight of this beautiful aircraft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martine TLOUZEAU - Jean Paul GODARD (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3339) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 8:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Brian, good morning.
Nice of you to commemorate, my heart is bleeding since may. I entered Air France same year as Concorde, we never seperate during 27 years and I thought we would retire together, but it will not.
I think Concorde used to fly over Bonaire ( subsonic speed ) when he was on line to Caracas in the 70s.
k14 The cams are stuck on 04.40 :o(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #382) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 9:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Martine

I hope that someone can rescue Concorde, we saw the daily flights coming in to land in Barbados last Christmas - A very beautiful sight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martine TLOUZEAU - Jean Paul GODARD (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3340) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 10:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Brian,
I fear it's hopeless. Ours have been sent to various planes museums last June, one had to be cut in pieces for ground transportation. Too bad, too sad !
I wonder where the other are ? I am doing a very interesting work : swap summer clothes to winter clothes in the dressing room. Too bad and too sad too !
k15 They don't have to think about this on Bonaire :o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #249) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 10:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

As a youngster I saw some of the trial flights, our local airport at Teeside had a very long runway that had been used for bombers in WW2 so we saw it come across our house to land. I have also heard the sonic boom in the Channel isles. We are hoping that our local air museum will stand a chance of having a plane when they are decommisioned! I think they should sell them to the highest bidder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3057) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 12:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning Brian, Martine and Julia...No Concorde stories here...never got to see one! I see the cams are stuck again! :-(...will have to check back in later! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3058) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 1:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looks like the cams are back on! Thanks! Who's working this Sunday?
Cowabunga! Surf's up!
a.jpgb.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3059) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 1:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Isn't this the guy who reads to the camera daily?
a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3060) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 1:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

aargh! a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3061) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 2:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jewels on the south cam! Guess everyone's out having fun!
a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3322) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 2:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Brian, Martine, Julia and Barbara!

And to all!:-)

We have visitors.1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3323) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 2:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Diver alert?
1 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9030) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 2:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Barbara, Martine, Brian and Julia...no concorde story here either. I do have a friend who took his family to Europe on her a few years ago...

Front door visitors...
cam.jpg

(Message edited by cyndelee on October 19, 2003)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9031) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 2:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ha! Double Eileen:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3324) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 2:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You know what they say Cynde, GMTA!
Chubby!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3062) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 2:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Few fish day! And maybe some company coming!
a.jpgb.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3325) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 2:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Still waiting for the divers...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3063) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 2:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Eileen! And Cynde! Fishes for you!
a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7835) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 2:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just popped in to say hello. Glad the cams are back on. Annie B.

anything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #250) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 2:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

diver alert:showpic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #251) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Double post from the UK!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3326) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

WooHoo! Divers:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3327) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7837) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

anything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3064) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

'nother divera.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3065) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Triplets!! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7838) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi. Julia. GMTA. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3066) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nice pano...a.jpgb.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3067) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Doc Pepper?a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3328) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL! A lot of Great Minds here!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7839) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde. Are you feeling better now.

Eileen. Shame we can't read the signs. I blew them up, but still couldn't see what they said.

Julia. Nice profile picture. Annie B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7840) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

bet this is a double too.

anything}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3068) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yup...a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7841) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

whoops.LOL

anything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3069) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, Annie, where's your pic? LOL...saw yours didn't get posted so uploaded it! 'puter trouble?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7842) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Barbara. I was on the laptop, and somehow it was saved as a gif. The divers saved ok, but not the fish. Wagh!! Don't like that laptop anymore now. LOL. Annie B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7843) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Trying one more time here.

Charlotte

anything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3071) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You got it! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9035) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 3:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Annie, I feel a bit better today. Still have the cough, but I feel like I am getting a little more energy back. Michael and I even went for a walk last night:-) It's amazing how fast one can get "out" of shape. I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks, and boy do I feel it! I can't wait to get back on schedule!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Diana van den Wollenberg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1282) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 4:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Back from a really great horse-weekend. No pain for me (not that much). Nice weather, what does a girl want more??? Sleep in a moment We've got a lot this weekend (but not much sleep!)
Tomorrow a post some nice pic's from the weekend at CC.

Have a good night all. Sweet dreams!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7844) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 4:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbara. Thank goodness. Still got me puzzled though as to why it went wrong before.

Cynde. I am glad you feel a little better today, and I am sure you will be on top form again soon. Annie B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9036) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 4:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Diana, sweet dreams:-) Can't wait to see the pictures!

Annie, thanks...although I have to say I have gotten really spoiled with working from home (I can leave my slippers on all day!)...it's back to the office tomorrow:-(

Looks like Yana either coming or going:-)
cam.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3073) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 4:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A double or more maybe?
a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #252) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 4:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am feeling better as well. I'm glad you like the proifle picture, Annie. Bob and I had a day at a falconry centre, flying the birds. It was excellent. I know it is not usually the place but as Brian startd off with mechanical birds here is a beautiful bird:hannah

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #253) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 4:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Try again:hannah

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #254) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 4:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

try again:hannah

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #255) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 4:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

At last, this is Hannah the Harris Hawk, sorry about the bad posts, blame the cold medication.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3076) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 5:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Divers!a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3077) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 5:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bunches of??? Okay, perhaps I'll defer to, yup, squid!!
a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3080) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 5:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Time for a new thread!!
Follow the fishes... Sunday evening rolling in

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration