BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire WebCams: Tuesday, back from Paradise
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire WebCams: Archives: Archives 1999-2004: Archives - 2002-11-28 to 2003-05-31: Tuesday, back from Paradise
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martine TLOUZEAU - Jean Paul GODARD (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #752) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 4:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello everybody
jup
Bonaire is still sleeping and I can only offer you this setting picture of Jupiter.
Well I returned from Seychelles yesterday night. Pretty beautiful islands, a perfect dream for honeymooners, but dreadful for diving ( rich tropical fishes observing, but no corals, very strong current, poor visibility and rough sea to reach the dive sites ). It was the whale sharks migration period, but we couldn't even see one, and I managed to get a cold due to the room air cond, so I could only dive three time on the whole week pleur
Anyway, we had a good time, and the most difficult has to come : unpack !
Jean Paul is back working and I still have some more free days to enjoy.
Have a nice day, I'll be popping out each time I feel too bad...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Igor van Riel (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1230) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 7:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Martine!
Sorry 2 hear your diving troubles, but I'm glad 2 hear u had a good time!
I hope your cold isn't 2 bad :-(
Here's the sun 2 cheer u up :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martine TLOUZEAU - Jean Paul GODARD (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #753) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 7:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

bl
Hi Igor,
Nice to hear of you too. I was missing BT. We also have the sun in Paris but the temperature is close to zero, that means nearly 35 degrees difference between today and yesterday... Won't go out !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martine TLOUZEAU - Jean Paul GODARD (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #754) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 7:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

mor
WOW !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Igor van Riel (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1231) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 7:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have the same weather over here.
In the night it is freezing (-7 C) and during the day the temp is around zero. The sun is shining, so it looks nice.
The colors on Bonaire look great 2!
col

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gerda gabler (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 7:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It looks realy great...in about 12weeks we leave for the Philipines....!! We always go to Bonaire but this time something else...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #989) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 9:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I measured 34 inches of snow in a drift outside my deck. Could NOT open the front door. Shoveling is veryyyy hard. It's a heavy snow, perfect for making snow people.

At the end of my driveway is a 3+foot icepacked row of snow from the nightime plows. I am snow bound for sure.

Kate's still stuck in Nantucket..hope she gets out SOON.

Who else is snowbound? It's really very pretty. I am convincing myself to enjoy since it could be my last winter?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Angela Cristan (BonaireTalker - Post #49) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 9:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann- No longer snowbound, the temps are looking up here, 8:17 am and already 21F! The snow at the end of my driveway is sort of melting which means I could shovel it, but like you said, so HEAVY!!! Yesterday icicles off the top of the roof melted and froze when they hit the ground so my back door would not open. Only the puppy would scoot through the little opening, the other two had to go out the front (had to force them to do that!!)

Has anyone noticed that sometimes the North Beachcam is at an angle so that you can see Al's dock and other times you can't? Any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Angela Cristan (BonaireTalker - Post #50) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 9:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

ANNIE- (when you get around!) Thanks for the great sunset pics! Awesome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ida Christie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #777) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 9:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good Morning!!!!
Here's one visitors.
my documents

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By hillary whyte (BonaireTalker - Post #24) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 9:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Annie,
When you shovel out, could you drive over to my parents in West Barnstable and dig them out?....They're old and need help! (They told me about those huge drifts).
We're flying to Bonaire next Wednesday and my compadres are scaring me with threats of another "Big One" for next week! Yikes!
-Hill-

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ida Christie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #778) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 10:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

No Snow Here. Just grey and overcast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Angela Cristan (BonaireTalker - Post #51) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 10:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hillary- I get to leave on the 28th for Bonaiare and I don't care what happens while I'm gone, as long as it's sunny in the Caribbean! :-) Unfortunately, half our group is flying there this Saturday and they are taking the full opportunity to tease us who are temporarily left behind!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Angela Cristan (BonaireTalker - Post #52) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 10:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Divers on the reefcam, and dang it, if I knew how to put the photo there, I would!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5549) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 10:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

morning all, martine, too bad about the diving conditions, and the cold bug...rest up for a few days and enjoy looking at the cams:-) here are some divers...
cam.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5550) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 10:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

here they are angela...
cam.jpg

on the bottom of the page go to "formatting" and it explains how to post the pics. just make sure the slash is \ and you get the squiggly brackets}}

(Message edited by cyndelee on February 18, 2003)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By hillary whyte (BonaireTalker - Post #25) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 10:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Angela,
We hope to see you at our wedding on the Beach at Harbour View @ sunset March 4th!
Hill & Melissa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gaunt (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #439) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 10:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning all... here's a fishy visitor that got missed this morning (how did that happen?).

pic

I love the smell of salt water in the morning... smells like...parrot fish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Lou French (BonaireTalker - Post #59) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 11:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning all,
Great pictures!! 13 days and I can see it all in person!! Yes, I am counting too :-)

Good luck to everyone who is digging out! We are getting the tail end of your storm now, but we are only supposed to get about 6". Absolutely nothing compared to all of you. Remember take lots of breaks, come inside and rest in front of the webcams :-)

Martine, sorry to hear that the diving was not great. That is disappointing. Beautiful sunrise pic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marianne & joost (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #223) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 1:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello everyone, here some visitors. Martine nice to learn your break was fine

Joost

1a 1b

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan A. Kassner (BonaireTalker - Post #72) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 1:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning, everybody!
Well, it finally snowed in Juneau yesterday and last night. Okay now, I don't want all you Eastern USers to laugh too hysterically. We got a whopping 3 inches, and its already starting to melt away. Supposed to get another 1 to 3 inches today.
Off to work am I!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gaunt (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #440) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 1:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Mary Lou, have a great trip, we'll be watching for you both above and below the waves. :-)

Is this your first time down or are you a returning veteran?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gaunt (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #441) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 1:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here's another underwater visitor that didn't get posted from earlier.... nice camera.

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bluetang (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #242) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 2:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

nice catch michael! here are a few more...
parrot trying to drop a bomb and slip away unoticed!
cam.jpg

visitors...
cam.jpg

wrasse dance...
cam.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Angela Cristan (BonaireTalker - Post #53) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 2:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hillary and Melissa-
CONGRATULATIONS!! :-) :-) :-)
That is so great that you are getting married there! Sunsets are the best time of day! Will we see you at Lac Bay on the second (Sunday)? Have you been before? It's a great time; food, drink, dancing, etc...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Angela Cristan (BonaireTalker - Post #54) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 2:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cyndi-
Thanks for the suggestion. Now all I have to do is spot some divers again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Lou French (BonaireTalker - Post #60) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 3:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Michael, This will be our 4th trip to Bonaire. My husband, Joe and I went in 88, we took our kids there in 98 (snorkeled both trips), went back in 2000 as divers. This trip the first week we will be on our own again, the second week with our kids. Excited? Just a little :-) Thanks for the good wishes, we are going to try to hit the underwater cam, definitely the street cam. Sign- Greetings from Maine!!

Hi Angela, are you packed yet? I have everything ready except for the last minute essentials. :-)

Mary Lou

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By hillary whyte (BonaireTalker - Post #28) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 3:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Angela,
Our 1st time visiting. This site has been a tremendous help. We'll be at Lac Bay for windsurfing quite a bit (as long as it's windy!), diving on the leeward side of the island and exploring the 300km of mt bike trails/ roads. That will certainly work up our appetites for eating, although dancing 'til the wee hrs of the evening may be a bit of trouble....although cocktails usually wake my feet up!
See you soon!
Hill & Melissa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gaunt (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #442) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 5:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hill,

Congrats on the wedding - have a great trip. I tell almost everyone going down for their first trip the same thing - if you have time and are of the adventurous sort, plan some time to hike up to the top of Mt. Brandaris. It's not especially difficult (nothing technical, but not just a leisurely stroll either) and the view is spectacular. You can see all the way to the south end of the island from up there. Just be sure to take lots of water and film.

Again - congratulations, have fun and stay out of trouble :-)

Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Lidington (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #811) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 5:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good afternoon, all. Just got in (power outage from storm) to find visitors with Jake.

g

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gaunt (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #443) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 5:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mary Lou,

Four times....I'm looking forward to being down there four times. Someday we'll take kids with us, but the first is only 16 months and the other is on the way. It will be a while before they can get certified. :-)

Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Lidington (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #812) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 5:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ongoing conversation.

g2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Lou French (BonaireTalker - Post #63) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 5:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Michael, Congratulations on your little one and one to come! Enjoy every minute with them, even the tough ones :-)! Don't rush them to grow up you will blink twice and they will be on their own! Our kids are 23 and almost 20 (our daughter turns 20 the day we come home from Bonaire). We keep thinking that this will be the trip that they won't want to go but not so far. Our son shows up at our house and says, So where's the next dive trip? What can you say? Come along!!
Enjoy! Mary Lou

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Lidington (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #815) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 5:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Mary Lou, if you're flying out of Logan, wave as you go over. Hull is the boot-shaped peninsula (like Italy, but upside down relative to north) that forms the southeast edge of Boston harbor. Most outbound southern flights go by pretty close.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Lou French (BonaireTalker - Post #64) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 6:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi John,
My sister and her husband lived in Hull for a few years, so I know the area a little :-) We are flying out of Logan on March 3, take off 12:11 pm. We will give you a wave, I will ask the pilot to toot the horn too :-) Mary Lou

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Lidington (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #816) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 6:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And I'll be gazing upward longingly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Bursey (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3573) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 8:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Angela, You are welcome.

Hillary. I wasn't aware that Barnstaple had such snow. We have had none where I am as yet.

Martine. Welcome home.

A long tiring day today. Exhausted Annie B.

anything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Lou French (BonaireTalker - Post #65) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 9:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Annie B.,
Sorry to hear that your day was long. I hope you sleep well tonight. Thanks for the wonderful sunset, I always miss it. I hope tomorrow is better for you. Mary Lou

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gaunt (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #444) on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 10:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good night everyone.... here's some more afternoon visitors that didn't get posted. Sure don't want them to feel left out. :-)

This guy looks pretty bored - and that's saying a lot considering where he is.

pic1 pic2 pic3

"Don't worry about it.... the dog's not here!"
pic4

"Back in the van!!! We're gonna' get drooled on!!!!!!"
pic5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan A. Kassner (BonaireTalker - Post #73) on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 3:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

All quiet in Bonaire at this hour, and in Juneau,although, darn it, it's stopped snowing.

Good night, all.
Good morning, all.
(Pick the one that's appropriate to your location)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration