BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Automatic truck?
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2006: Archives - 1999-06-07 to 2002-09-10: Automatic truck?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Baranoski on Friday, February 18, 2000 - 5:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can one rent an automatic 4-door pick up? Looks like we won't need 4WD (is August dry?), but would like to visit the park. I have checked out the various web sites, but have not seen what I am looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Friday, February 18, 2000 - 5:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There are no automatic 4 door pickups. We bought one on island and it wasn't an option. The few automatics are usually the Toyota Tercel 4 door cars. The suzuki jeeps are definitely only manual. The only other 'high' vehicle I can think of is the RAV4 but I don't know if the versions here have standard or automatic. You should check your rental agreement because some list Washington Park as off limits. During August you should be safe from mud and bad roads. The park waits til the end of rainy season to regrade the roads and they are usually pretty good during the spring and summer which is our dry season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Baranoski on Tuesday, February 22, 2000 - 1:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Linda. Perhaps it would be better to take one of the "nature tours" of the park. I have visited the web sites for some of the tour operations, they all seem pretty good. Unfortunately, the one that sounds best only runs on Friday. We would like to see the park and learn about the flora and fauna before then, we leave on Saturday. Any recommendations out there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Baranoski on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 12:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 1:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Look for a person named Farid when you arrive at the airport. He is a taxi driver - drives a cushy van, but also offers custom made tours. He even provides refreshments if you like. Fun guy with loads of info to share. Ask any of the taxi drivers who are located just along the curb - they'll be able to help you locate him (and will probably fight to take the tour from him - maybe just mention Farid's name, not the reason).
Have fun & good luck !

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration