BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Local bus/trolley service??
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2006: Archives 2004-07-01 to 2004-12-31: Local bus/trolley service??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Welo (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 4:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does Bonaire have any public transportation, bus routes, or bus schedules? If so, does one go by Sorobon Beach resort?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3697) on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 4:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Robert, and welcome to BT. There are no public bus services on Bonaire, only taxi's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally and Eva (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #631) on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 12:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You can rent scooters cheap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Holly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #223) on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 1:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Was there ever bus service? I've wondered since my first visit back in 1989. In front of our rental house back then was a striped pole with a small sign with a B. My husband and I joked about catching the bus. And on our last trip in Dec 2003, I took a picture of the same husband standing under the same kind of sign in the middle of nowhere on that long road out of Rincon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1850) on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 6:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The B is for Brandweer....it denototes a fire hydrant! Yes, there is a public bus system which is more of a private affair. You will see vans marked AB on the plates. Most of the time they dont run on a set schedule....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Holly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #224) on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 11:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mystery solved! I should have had the dog with me, not the husband!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration