BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Rental car amenities
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2006: Archives 2004-07-01 to 2004-12-31: Rental car amenities
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Pacific (BonaireTalker - Post #63) on Thursday, July 8, 2004 - 1:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anybody remember whether the pickup trucks from Budget come with a CD player?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe brannan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #416) on Thursday, July 8, 2004 - 8:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You might get a cassette player that works.....maybe. I have now equipped my travel goody bag with a MP3 jukebox (small compact with 700 plus CDs in it) and a little transmitter dealie that will play through any FM radio....the radios usually work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Jo Lott (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1395) on Thursday, July 8, 2004 - 8:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Joe... leave the music at home and listen to the wind and waves. lol... good luck finding one with a working CD player ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Pacific (BonaireTalker - Post #64) on Thursday, July 8, 2004 - 10:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, will leave CDs home. Just thought it might be a good idea to drown out the motorcycles people are talking about. I hope the Bonairean youngsters never discover the annoyance potential of bass-ridden low-rider "music". (You know... booom-booom...booom-booom..,)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1324) on Thursday, July 8, 2004 - 11:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Too late...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Leonard (BonaireTalker - Post #73) on Thursday, July 8, 2004 - 1:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm not sure I even turned on the radio on either trip to Bonaire. Then again, somewhere along the line I got old I guess as all I listen to on my 45 mile each way commute is news radio. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3726) on Thursday, July 8, 2004 - 10:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We had a new truck with AB this year (LOVED it!!) and it was casette player only. Never used it. We love to listen to the local radio...my favorite parts are the commercials! LOL. I love it when the guy yells out "Supppppperrrrr Store"! and Lissssaaaaa Gaaassss!! So funny. Reminds me of an old local radio commercial for a race track around here...."Sunday....Sunday...Raceway Park!".....funny. Good stuff on the local radio, Joe.

I did hear a few more Boom boom booms this year from some cars, but nothing like here in NJ.....I think you'll be fine, Joe.

Hi, Marc! We loved the truck we had this year....I want to keep it a "secret" tho as it was sooo terrific!! LOL. Carole and Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1325) on Friday, July 9, 2004 - 12:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Again, too late... it's on our website ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #148) on Friday, July 9, 2004 - 5:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marc: Did you get my email on our truck reservations?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3732) on Friday, July 9, 2004 - 6:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's how I found it, Marc. We fell in love with that truck. You should get a few more for the fleet....folks will like this one a lot! AB is sooo good! Ayo. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dawn Barnes (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 1:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone used Natty's, ABC, or total car rentals? which is better? you know less trouble with car problems, staff etc. We are going Down again in November. Last tome stayed at Plaza resort, which was super. This time at lion's.
thanks, Dawn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Perkins (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 1:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I rent from Poppy at Telerin and get great service and the best price on the island--Telerin@bonairelive.com--but the trucks don't have a cd player.
Bill

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration