BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Paradise Moon - Don't miss it!
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2010: Archives 04-01-10 to 12-21-10: Paradise Moon - Don't miss it!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gloria Kehoe (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 2:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This is a relatively new place located at the marina next to Harbor Village. I can't say enough good things about it. It is run by Pam and Carl who used to run the Papaya Moon Cantina. Everyone who has been to Bonaire knows that good food is not easy to find so my companions were thrilled when we strolled in by chance. The fish and pulled pork tacos were excellent and the deserts were to die for. I highly recommend the Apple Pie and the Chocolate Torte. Seriously, you won't be disappointed. Not in the food or the company. Carl, Pam and Amy are great. One of my companions was having a birthday and they treated her like a queen. I read a lot of posts about food on the island and having been to Bonaire myself 5 times now I can tell you that I've been disappointed in all but a few. We ate at the Paradise Moon 3 times in 8 days and each night the food was terrific. If you're going to Bonaire don't miss this place. As an added bonus prices are exceptionally reasonable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mel Briscoe (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #748) on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 2:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm glad you liked Paradise Moon; so do I and my groups. But I can't agree with "Everyone who has been to Bonaire knows that good food is not easy to find." In fact, I've found good food in so many places that I'm always frustrated I can't eat but one or two meals a day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Brown (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #113) on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 2:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agree about paradise moon...but also with Mel,we have never really experienced a bad meal on Bon!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3101) on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 3:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The quality of the cuisine served in the local restaurants has advanced by light years in the last two decades we've been traveling down there;(well really a bit longer but who's counting :))

Having said that, truth be told I'm a BBQ rib aficionado. I've had the rack of ribs there twice last trip in March and as far as I'm concerned best ribs on the island.
Can't wait to try them again in July/Aug! YUM...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gloria Kehoe (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 3:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Didn't really mean to disparage the quality of the other restaurants on the island. I guess what I should have said it that there are a number of places on the island that get a lot of raves but I've found to be a bit disappointing. Bistro de Paris is wonderful, Patagonia is also very good and I had a great meal at Wil's the last time I was there. I agree with Vince, the cuisine on the island has definitely improved in the last few years. Good diving, good food... What more can you ask for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Rogers (BonaireTalker - Post #70) on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 8:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

They must have improved from last year. Last year at Paradise Moon the food was average, over priced, could not get a drink refill, and the gnats where horrible. Good news since it is at a nice location at the marina and Carl is a nice guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By millyfrend (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 7:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

hi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...Summertime la la lala laaaaaa (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14641) on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 9:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

HI millyfrend, welcome to the dining section of BonaireTalk, Have you been to Paradise Moon Restaurant on Bonaire??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #434) on Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 4:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

don't miss paradise moon . especially most all of us USA"ers ex-pat residents are there every Friday ..for happy hour ...get the real info . plus drinks and food are FABULOUS!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeanine (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10078) on Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 6:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This place is really good and the people there are very friendly! We had just dessert one night, but then came back for dinner on another night. I will be there again next year! Their homemade apple pie is to die for!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4132) on Monday, July 26, 2010 - 9:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thursday is Fajhita (SP?) Night. Check it out!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Ken *** (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #821) on Monday, July 26, 2010 - 9:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

HI Michael, You haven't been on for a while, (lurking as always, I know) Flagels next week my friend

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Ken *** (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #822) on Monday, July 26, 2010 - 10:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

(Message edited by ken dodge on July 26, 2010)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Ken *** (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #823) on Monday, July 26, 2010 - 10:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Flagel, for those culturally deprived :) :) :) :)

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric M. "CamMan" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1282) on Thursday, August 5, 2010 - 1:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Flagel = Flat + Bagel

Smooshed between boiling and baking.

e.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration