BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Anthony's Extreme Cuisine?
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2009: Archives - 2009-01-01 to 2009-06-30: Anthony's Extreme Cuisine?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Earl Coleman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 5:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have been to Bonaire 4 times and plan on going back this July. One of my favorite chefs is Anthony and from what I am reading, Anthony's Extreme Cuisine is closed. Does anyone know where he is working now?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3543) on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 7:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anthony is a great guy. He was at Le Flamboyant but has taken time off to take care of some health issues.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Elizabeth Barna (BonaireTalker - Post #81) on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 5:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry to hear he is under the weather. I was hoping to write an article on him in Feb. He lives in Rincon but does anyone have a phone number for him?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicnac (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 10:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We ate there in 2006, had a fantastic meal and loved every minute of it, but the restaurant closed the next day and (to our knowledge) never reopened. Anthony told us at the time that he was thinking of setting up in Florida where his brother lived, so we assumed he'd left the island - good to hear he is still around.

We were just so impressed by his cooking and by his friendly customer service. My boyfriend doesn't eat meat but does eat fish, so Anthony left the restaurant personally to go buy a fish to cook for him as it wasn't on the menu that evening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Earl C. (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 11:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agree, the only thing better than his cooking is his friendly personality. I have a phone number in my logbook from a couple of years ago, not sure if it's ok to post here or if it still good.

It does worry me that Anthony isn't working, he struck me as the type to always be doing something. As mentioned, I hope his absence from the cooking scene is very temporary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Elizabeth Barna (BonaireTalker - Post #82) on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 11:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I met Anthony and his family after a difficult Continental Red Eye 3 or 4 trips ago. We were zombies by dinner time and wandered in Anthony's Extreme Cusine tired and a little grouchy. His wife and young daughters waited on us and made us feel like family. The dinner was awesome. I talked to Anthony last February at LeFlamboyant. He gave us his phone number and asked us to come visit his family. Now how friendly is that! Sadly, we ran out of time before we could visit.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration