BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Sand Dollar Grocery Store
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Sand Dollar Grocery Store
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #274) on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 3:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is there someone new that owns this store?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian in sunny Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3666) on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 3:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I heard last night that a group of people have bought an interest in the Sand Dollar grocery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kaye (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #206) on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 6:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael Gaynor is one of the group, I believe. As of a few weeks ago, the deal wasn't final.

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #277) on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I believe that the former owner has been in ill health hence the change.

A few days ago there was a for sale sign above the store.

Antony (Without the "H")

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2960) on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 11:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The building only is for sale and has been for the last five years. Bud still owns 100% of the Grocery and I only am managing it until he is better. That is the whole story...There is no group either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly * (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #912) on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 2:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

They are sure there is a conspiracy !! Once again you are out to rule Bonaire...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2961) on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 3:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I really don't understand your post Kelly. I think it is too bad that folks just love to make assumptions and talk just to stir up trouble. I just want to set the record straight! Bud became unable to run his business. With his permission I agreed to manage it for him, keep his people employed, pay his bills,taxes, etc. Not that it is anyones business, I am not on the payroll and don't intend to be. As far as I recall Kelly, I have never met you and would appreciate an explanation of you last comment.. info@chatnbrowse.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2741) on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 4:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Easy on, Michael! I believe Kelly was saying that too many people prefer to look for conspiracies in everything rather than accept a simple solution. Her 'rule Bonaire' words related to the way others think; she was not saying that is your intent!!!! Perhaps she could have put those words in quotation marks. :–)))

(Message edited by glenr on March 20, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9885) on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

wrong Kelly, Glen this one is a man!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian in sunny Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3678) on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 5:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry Michael, I should have checked with you as to if what I was told was true. It was not my intention to stir up rumours.

Glen I think that this Kelly is a he.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly * (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #913) on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 5:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glen.. thanks and a HE I AM... and you are still right... I am a fan of Michael's... although he did insult me once and call me a "cruiser"...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Dodd Bob (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9714) on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kelly, you are a cruser, dam you!
But, if I dropped my ice cream on the ground, I would curuse as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly * (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #915) on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I wish that I could say you haven't a clue Jer... but truth is truth.. Watchurarse I am headed back in a day or 2.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2962) on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 8:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry for the confusion Kelly...Brian, I thought you were aware of the SD changes...We are still looking for a good source for Walkers and good English Curry Powder and maybe a bit of haggis...(Yes, I know, that is Scotland)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kaye (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #210) on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 1:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, Michael, that I misunderstood what you had said to me, which led to my post above.

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim (BonaireTalker - Post #34) on Sunday, April 6, 2008 - 8:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

All I know is that little strip shopping center has some great stores: Sand Dollar Grocery; Lover's Ice Cream, and Chat n Browse. Our recent vacation to Bonaire was March 20-29. Before We left, We e-mailed a Grocery List and it was in our room @ Sand Dollar B-6 [A Wonderful Place and Specific Room, by the way] upon arrival Thursday Night March 20. For those of you who have not seen Sand Dollar Grocery You need to go inside. Michael has made some nice changes. In my past travels I thought that the Hasegewa General Store on Maui on the road to Hana [Maui, Hawaii] had more items per square foot of space. I am now giving that honor to Chat N Browse.

Jim Bellay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2996) on Sunday, April 6, 2008 - 5:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If someone asks for something and I don't have it then I find it for the next time they ask..thanks for the kind words Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Osgood (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 10:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is the massage place still in the shopping center?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3021) on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 6:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, Nubia is still here..she at a training session this week but should be back soon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Osgood (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 1:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Michael. Do you recommend her? Who is considered the best on the island?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3024) on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 8:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I only speak from experience. Judith at Plaza is quite good as is Luz Maria at Habitat. It is very hard to say since the all have different techniques.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jennifer Warden (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 10:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm heading to Bonaire for the first time in July. Just out of curiosity, do you have Sprite Zero or Diet 7-Up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3087) on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 10:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes to sprite zero..2 liter and cans. we also have diet 7 up but you can't be guaranteed that we will have it all the time..check the week before and I will be sure to hide some if it looks like the supply will be questionable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jennifer Warden (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, July 2, 2008 - 10:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey there. Just checking back on the Sprite Zero. We arrive on the 5am flight on Saturday, July 5. Will you have some stashed away??? Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boat Chick************** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5680) on Thursday, July 3, 2008 - 10:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jennifer, best to email Michael directly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3195) on Thursday, July 3, 2008 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

sadly we are still waiting for delivery...diet 7,up will do?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration