BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Lobster?
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2003 -2006: Archives - -2006-08-01 to 2006-12-31: Lobster?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Smith (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 10:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can lobster be found on the menu?

Where?

thanks
daislandman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #935) on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 2:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Try Lions Den, Tuesday night is lobster night there and it is wonderful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2225) on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 8:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Be prepared to eat US lobster. It is sometimes imported to supplement the local supply. I do second Lions Den reccomdation...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Phillips (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #476) on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 9:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lobster pasta is very yummy at either Capriccio's or at Croccantino's; each is somewhat different, and both are quite tasty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs Loves Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3125) on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 10:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Richards has lobster and surf/turf. Very good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jenny (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #191) on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 10:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've never ordered lobster here because I'm not a big fan, but I see it either on the menu or as a special at many of the restaurants.

What kind of US lobster do they serve here? Maine (clawed) lobsters, or Florida lobsters?

Speaking of lobster, they made a robo-lobster that detects and destroys mines in shallow water.
http://www.time.com/time/2003/inventions/invlobster.html I know, I'm a geek.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2227) on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 11:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

maine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Smith (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 12:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mel Briscoe (BonaireTalker - Post #45) on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 4:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The robolobster is funded by the guy down the hall from me at the Office of Naval Research. Pretty cool. But Kirk's lobsters at Lion's Den taste much better and are MUCH cheaper.

- Mel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By karen gaffner (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #102) on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 8:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

i know that some restaurants take their vacations during September. does anyone know who is closed the first week in September?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jenny (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #192) on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 12:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mel,

Do you know anything about the robo-boxfish? i read an article about a year or two ago that they were making an AUV based on the smooth trunkfish, sponsored by Naval research.

Sorry to go off-topic. Robo-lobster rocks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Frank (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #449) on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 6:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Recently read "the Secret Life of Lobsters", which is about lobster behavior and biology and also the Maine lobster fishery. This link is to the author's website. Also an unusual non lobster underwater photo (scroll to the bottom). http://www.secretlifeoflobsters.com/faq/stuff.asp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jenny (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #194) on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 10:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cool link, David, thanks.

the last picture on the page is great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise Kacavas (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1277) on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 8:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

lobster is on most any menu around here . . . of course "here" for me is Maine :-) Just had two lobsters this weekend at a cook out and a lobster roll tonight from the left overs !! Yummy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Nesbitt (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 5:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Every monday evening there is a lobster night at the Tipsy Seagull at Plaza Resort.......Definitely worth a visit!!!!!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration