BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Wil's Tropical Grill, Brasserie-Bonaire, Chibi-Chibi
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2003 -2006: Archives - 2004-06-18 to 2005-03-18: Wil's Tropical Grill, Brasserie-Bonaire, Chibi-Chibi
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bridget Waldbaum (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 5:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You know, we had a variety of lunches and dinners while we were in Bonaire for 8 days, but we only returned to 3 places.

We were staying at the Divi, so naturally we tried their Chibi-Chibi restaurant, but it was the decent quality of food/service and awesome open-air ocean-edge dining that had us returning. Of course, when I ordered my food I had to factor in that my husband was going to run out of food to throw to the fishies in the water and start throwing some of my bread/fries too.

Our first night we stumbled upon Wil's Tropical Grill (recognizing it from your descriptions here on bonairetalk.com) and had an amazing dinner - especially the smoked marlin(?) salad appetizer and chocolate lava dessert... Wil and Sue, who opened this restaurant just two weeks ago after a couple of months of preparation, were just as friendly as described here :} So we returned for our last dinner and again enjoyed the smoked marlin salad appetizer and chocolate lava dessert but also were enchanted by the whole fried fish (wow, great stuff) and the creme brulee :} oh yeah, and many raspberry margaritas (HIC!) :}

The third place we re-peated was at Brasserie-Bonaire... we had stopped by for lunch and I was thrilled with the brie sandwich I had on a french baguette - and also enchanted with the chocolate cake we ordered for dessert. I was just looking for another chance to stop by and ended up taking out sandwiches for our picnic lunch at the laundromat :} Again, the brie sandwich was wonderful and my hubby's chicken sandwich was really great :} I think a lot of the delight came from the artistic & fresh presentation!

At any rate, I felt compelled to mention these places as we did indeed consider them very special :} I hope that if you find yourself at these restaurants that you enjoy them as much as we did!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BEVERLY A FILLIO (BonaireTalker - Post #99) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 8:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Where is the Wil's tropical Grill sounds very interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bridget Waldbaum (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 10:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's in the center of Kralendijk, a couple of blocks from the ocean... if you stand at the corner of the Cultimara grocery store, face the ocean, then walk about a block - on your right, before the movie theatre.

Does anyone know their address?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1005) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 11:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Where is the Brasserie-Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1887) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 8:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It is a small street cafe locatd just off Kaya Grande in the mall where Cellular one and Remax are located..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1006) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 11:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you, Michael -- as always a wonderful source of information.

BTW, anything we can bring you when we come down 2/15?? I already have some shortbread for you -- picked up personally in England.
Josie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1890) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 9:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just your smiling face is more than enough...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #717) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 10:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie,

bring him rum, he likes the dark jamaican type...also, if you can fit a 12 pak of miller lite into your bags, he will like that also

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4621) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 2:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gregg, you're so funny! Trying to convince Josie that Michael could use these items....LOL! But, we know that Michael can "babysit" them for you, too. LOL. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #718) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 3:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

DAMN! I'm busted....

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration