BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: A new Rendez-Vous
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2003 -2006: Archives - 2003-03-01 to 2004-06-17: A new Rendez-Vous
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1126) on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 9:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

As of last week, the Rendez-Vous restaurant is under new management. Marcel Nahr has sold the place to Manfred and Marlous, a young dutch couple. Although the change virtually goes unnoticed to the eye (except for the open front door), the format has changed considerably.
They offer lunch and dinner, at very sharp prices. For lunch they have quick dishes like sandwiches and eggs. For dinner there is an a la carte menu at very reasonable prices. Their best deal though is a 3-course dinner for just US$ 15; a choice of 4 starters, 4 entrees and 3 deserts. And the food is very good!
They will still keep offering the Formula 1 Sundays (with breakfast buffet if the race is in Europe) and other sporting events, on a big screen.

No, I don't get paid for this :-). But they are very nice people and deserve a good start. Plus, they offer a very good alternative if you don't want to spend a bucketload of money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Senie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #261) on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 12:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is Martin still running the kitchen? Does the new menu list any vegetarian/vegan items?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1128) on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 1:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I believe he is yes, and I'm not sure about veggie dishes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1443) on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 4:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Another icon gone!!! Another bit of a 'new Bonaire'.

What is Marcel doing to pass the time beyond long distance walking??? I know the restaurant was a full time job!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2468) on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 9:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Joe and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner there in May this year. Marcel was still there and chatted with us for a while, as was his usual custom. The place had been renovated nicely and enlarged. The front patio eating area is gone and the interior dining area was extended out further. The ceilings were lifted higher and there is now a side patio and smaller eating area with Tex/Med chow. I guess that is where the sports bar area is. The food was great, as usual. We had heard there was an ownership change but thought it was an incorrect rumor as Marcel was still there.

We wish everyone the best of luck in all their new ventures....Marcel and Manfred and Marlous. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peggy Bowen (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #208) on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 2:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Will miss Marcel!
Always a great meal and he always had time to talk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pieter Smit (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 2:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good to read this positive review about Rendez-Vous...I know Marlous & Manfred put in a lot of time and effort to make it a success.
Together with my friend (who happens to be Marlous' brother) I'll be visiting Marlous & Manfred this August. So if you see two "good looking" Dutch guys helping out in the restaurant, that'll be us!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration