BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Cooking ingredients
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 1999 -2003: Archives - 2002-08-02 to 2003-02-28: Cooking ingredients
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary wall (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Monday, February 3, 2003 - 10:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all,
I will be in Bonaire in May staying at casa oleander - and plan to do some grilling/cooking, I was wondering about the availability of fresh herbs, of the culinary variety! eg, basil,cilantro,mint,also items such as extra virgin olive oil, black pepper etc.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #139) on Tuesday, February 4, 2003 - 12:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mary-
There are 2 grocery stores (on Kaya Industria, not too far from you) directly across the street from each other. You won't find the variety of US groceries (as far as fresh herbs), but some weeks are better than others. I've been pretty happy with the produce. If there's one herb you love, bring down a dried jar of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #140) on Tuesday, February 4, 2003 - 3:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

PS- Olive oil and black pepper ar readily available. And Cultimara, major grocery store, is in the heart of downtown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marion Korschilgen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #61) on Wednesday, February 5, 2003 - 7:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mary, there is Oregano growing in the gardens of Coco Palm Garden and Casa Oleander.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sandra Swanson (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 10:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Mary,
I bring my favorite dry spices with me. I put them in empty film canisters. That works well for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joanie (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Wednesday, March 5, 2003 - 5:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cultimara had fresh herbs in bags last week. Nice assortment too.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration