BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Kitesurfing, Windsurfing and Sailing: BWP or Jibe City? Prebook in March?
Bonaire Talk: Kitesurfing, Windsurfing and Sailing: Archives: Archives 2007 -2009: BWP or Jibe City? Prebook in March?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Prickett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 1:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debating whether or not to pre-book for my trip March 15-22. More concerned for my fiancee as she is really keen to improve on a "advancing beginner" board that will allow here to learn to use the harness and hopefully get on a plane so she will be hooked! (like me :-)). I expect there is more selection of smaller equipment for myself (experienced). If so, what rental shop is best for us? I guess I could hedge by booking 4 days at both places (one at each shop...am I being ridiculous?).

J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henk Schrijver (trip in sight) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #207) on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 6:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,

I have only used BWP and they have great equimpent between the big starterboards and and the smallerboards. My wife has used the starboard GO and RIO this year and liked it very much. It is just what smaller then the start and easier to get some speed.

PS Maybe jibe city has the same boards or other in that range, but I haven't been there.

Have fun,
Henk with PBD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Hibdige, Lac Bay Villa (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #101) on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 6:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jason

The two places have a different set of kit and a different approach.

Elvis and Roger and Patun at WP have a very efficient set up. The kit is good. The sails are OK (I have a personal dislike of Hotsails Maui so bear that in mind LOL) and they look after you well. The snack bar is OK but lacks atmosphere.

The whole setup is efficient and well run. No question about that.

Jibe City is ramshackle, laid back, the kit is fair though they have just got a load of Goya and HiFly and the sails are OK - Gaastra. (I have a personal dislike of Gaastra too !!!)

The snack bar is laid back and all of the people are friendly and laid back too.

So the comparison is difficult.

WP is efficient. Jibe City is laid back.

The kit is probably better at WP but we have our own kit in the Villa so we are a bit spoilt and hyper critical of rental stuff so maybe we should try sailing on their kit a bit more.

Our preference is Jibe City because we prefer the laid back atmosphere but we probably spend as much money with Elvis and Roger.

You will not loose in either place so it's what suits your style more.

Trevor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Hibdige, Lac Bay Villa (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #102) on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 6:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

PS - For info

We sail Starboard, F2, HiFly, Naish Force>Session/Redline and Gaastra Manic (the best ones they make in my opinion)

Trevor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Johnson (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Wednesday, October 8, 2008 - 12:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be there at the same time, hope to see ya. We have booked at both and have not decided which one for this trip.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration