BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Snorkeling Bonaire: Diving on the "wild side" Larry's rodeo ride Bonaire?
Bonaire Talk: Snorkeling Bonaire: Archives: Archive 2001- 2007: Archives - 2006-03-01 to 2006-12-31: Diving on the "wild side" Larry's rodeo ride Bonaire?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By v.cioffletti (BonaireTalker - Post #68) on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 4:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all,
One of the guys from work was down there last year - Now he is a diver, and I snorkel only. But he recommended a Larry's Wild Side Diving/Rodeo Rode Bonaire. Guess they boat you out to the aft ?North side of the island - do a boat entry. Said there are schools of large fish out, there more turtles etc.
Is this true? Anyone gone on this as a snorkeler? Sounds fun but would like to find more people who have done that. Will be there in December.
Thanks much for any feedback!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald E. Niles, Sr. (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 12:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My wife and I have done this trip w/ Larry a couple of times....Sandy is a very good snorkeler and I freedive. Larry has known us since before he got his custom-built Zodiac; he knows our abilities. I think he would be hesitant about taking snorkelers to the east side without knowing what their abilities are. You know, liability and all that sort of stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By v.cioffletti (BonaireTalker - Post #69) on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 4:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK.......will take your advice to mind. I know I would probably be comfy on most days, (I grew up half mile from Long Island Sound and spent most of my childhood summers at beach daily!) but I know my friend who I travel with would NOT be.....she wears a snorkel vest for security IF I wear one it is more in the harbor areas so I can be SEEN by boats!
So maybe, this may not work for me at this time. I guess if my sinuses ever get better haha I may become a diver yet, but that IF is - well, iffy! Dang. Thanks anyway!

Ginni in WI, counting down the DAYS now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mercy Baron (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #363) on Monday, December 4, 2006 - 1:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I snorkeled with Larry on his Zodiac and a boat full of divers. I was the only snorkeler and it was fairly rough that day. But I am quite experienced. Still...was a bit seasick and soon as I jumped in I was fine. It is quite deep out there, so no reef or anything where he took us. But saw lots of turtles and my diving friends would point things out to me that they felt I could see. Was a bit of a "wild" ride out there, but I guess that's part of where the name comes from. Larry, what a character and a great guy!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration