BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Snorkeling Bonaire: Dive/snorkel tags
Bonaire Talk: Snorkeling Bonaire: Archives: Archive 2001- 2007: Archives - 2006-03-01 to 2006-12-31: Dive/snorkel tags
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Elizabeth Bennett (BonaireTalker - Post #46) on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 6:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I noticed that snorkelers are now required to purchase a marine park tag. Is this just for adults or is it also for children?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4534) on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 9:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

hey Elizabeth, I am not sure about this but since our friend who is a snorkler is coming for this trip "I am also curious"? Sorry for the delay in getting back to you...
Moderators? any info?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #188) on Saturday, April 1, 2006 - 4:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Elizabeth, I couldn't find anything about age on the Marine Park site or Infobonaire. I've emailed TCB to see if there is an "age" cut off for the tags. Meanwhile, maybe a local with experience knows the answer:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #189) on Saturday, April 1, 2006 - 5:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I heard back from STINAPA:

All SCUBA divers pay the $25.00 marine park tag fee.

For the use of the Marine Park for any other purpose than to SCUBA dive (snorkel, windsurf, wash park, etc.) there is a fee of $10.
Children to 12 years are exempt. So they start paying if they are 13 and older.
The above mentioned fees are for a calendar year. There is also a one-day pass. For SCUBA diving that is $10 and for the other uses it is $2.

The cruise ship fees are different and I'm waiting for clarification on that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4540) on Saturday, April 1, 2006 - 5:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Cynde...will pass along the info...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grasshopper (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17685) on Saturday, April 1, 2006 - 5:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My pleasure Meryl:-) I'm anxious to find out how you like Port Bonaire too:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4541) on Sunday, April 2, 2006 - 3:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

yeah, me too! Think the planes are gonna be a factor...but Belmar wasn't that far away either...and it was great there...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carrie Wallag (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 11:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know this post is almost a year old...but I just wanted to make sure I'm reading it right.
Cruise ship passengers that are only their for the day can buy a one day marine tag for 2.00? I'm talking snorkeling..not diving. Can anyone verify if this is correct?

Thanks
Carrie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2484) on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 11:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The $2 for snorkeling is not yet being charged, however, the $10 for diving is...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carrie Wallag (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 4:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So cruisers that are just there to snorkel for a couple hours don't have to pay a fee? I just want to make sure I get this right...because up until today I thought we did have to pay a marine park fee. I always thought 10.00 was a little high to snorkel for a couple hours...but was willing to pay it if it was required.
Until I read this thread I didn't know there was a day pass.
If they do charge 2.00 for the day that would be alright by me:-) I'm sure it's worth it!

Carrie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2393) on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 5:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carrie, I use to purchase the dive tags before snorkeling tags began just because I like to support the Marine park. The $10 new snorkel tags come on a lanyard and make a nice memento of your snorkel in Bonaire. Just a thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1781) on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 8:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My boss just came back from a cruise in the Caribbean. He said that they (the cruise ship) had loads of food out all the time and that was free, but many drinks (including canned soft drinks) and ALL activities were extra. And a LOT extra: the cheapest drink was $4.00.

The $10.00 you pay the Marine Park in Bonaire is at least going to a good cause...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bea and Marvin Jones (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #130) on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 11:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

I use to purchase the dive tags before snorkeling tags began just because I like to support the Marine park. The $10 new snorkel tags come on a lanyard and make a nice memento of your snorkel in Bonaire. Just a thought.

As we did and still do. We have 10 years of the tags and only scubaed (is that a word?) twice.

Bea

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2394) on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 12:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bea, I think this is my 15th trip coming up but as always I can't remember so I go and count my marine park tags! :-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration