BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: Trip 4 for Annie..another stellar time
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2005: Archives - 2001-11-30 to 2002-09-25: Trip 4 for Annie..another stellar time
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 8:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Flights Feb. 17th from BOS to BON on AA were super. Got to the AA desk at 10:00 AM for a 12:00 flight. Was at the gate at 10:20!! Flights were fine..a little scary at SJU when we started to touch down and then scooted back into the air. Apparently there was a plane in our runway.

I picked up my Hertz rental (Jimmy) and headed to Kon Tiki where Miriam and Martin hosted my 7 nights. I had a lovely ocean view studio fully equipped. It was heaven for the 7 nights. Dinner on my last night was fabulous too. If you love peace and quiet, views of Lac Bay head to Kon Tiki.

Dinners were good. I loved Beefeaters, Blue Moon and Liberty. I ate way too much all week and need to work off the 3# I gained.

Windsuring was super. I sailed 6 days on small stuff (4.2 - 5.5). I didn't sail Tue. I enjoyed a FABULOUS massage from Marina at Jibe City.

Got lots of work done for King of the Caribbean Windsurf Event. Had lots of positive meetings.

Met up with Michael Gaynor who brainstormed with me. He also took me to a lovely cocktail party where I met the Gov. Richard Hart. He agreed to open the windsurf event.

One neat bit of info is a new property I am representing. Ocean View Villas located across from Michael in Belnem are divine. Tim and John, the owners have created an oasis. Perfection.

I love Warehouse and Consales. Did all my shopping there. Bought a big piece of cheese to bring home for Mom and Maggie. Ate Dutch chocolate daily. Yikes!

The weather was lovely. Coolish nights for a light long sleeve shirt and warm windy days with low humidity. No bugs anywhere!

Was at De Tuin a few times for internet and a 5th year anniversary party. Wow, the band rocked the house. I left at 3 AM and it was still hopping! Karel's was another fav hangout on the pier. Loved sitting seaside watching the jumping fish and the stars.

What I don't like about Bonaire? The night before I take the dreaded AA flight home.

Listen, a word of advice. AA turns away people who arrive late for the flight. Some folks got there at 6 AM and were denied boarding and had to PAY to take other flights. My friend arrived at 6:15 and he was denied for a week and has to pay 175.00. I confirmed my flight Sat. and arrived at 5:20 which worked out well. Dropped off the car at 6 AM and we left on time.

Off to Bonaire April 13th for more work and windsurfing. I think it is time to move there..really..

LOL

Annie
Cape Cod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 11:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Annie-
Great trip report. Where's Liberty? Where and how did you confirm your return AA flight? Sounds like the BON check-in for SJU is still a nightmare...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 1:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the nice trip report Annie. You are so lucky that you get to go to Bonaire so often! The experience that you talked about in San Juan happend to us at Logan on our way home! I guess a plane can be in the same runway at any airport! Pretty Scary!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sarah on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 6:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Annie, so glad your trip went well and that you found Warehouse.. I always find the A/C welcoming!

And I agree, it's about time you moved..:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 3:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Annie ... thanks for the great report! Appreciate the check-in info for the return AA flight as well. Where is Warehouse? We will be in Bonaire the same week as you. I remember that you were looking for flights for April 13 a while ago. What were you able to find?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration