BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: Darlene's Trip Report Pictures 10/08/05 -10/22/05
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2005: Archives - 2005-08-09 to 2005-12-26: Darlene's Trip Report Pictures 10/08/05 -10/22/05
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1746) on Sunday, November 6, 2005 - 1:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will post them as soon as I can get to them!! I promise!!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Your Babsness (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10150) on Sunday, November 6, 2005 - 10:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

DARLENE!!! Sorry for yelling but I have been sooo looking forward to your trip report!!! I can't wait to see the newly discovered fish!! PLEASE!!! I am so pleased to have met you! I'm still playing with the fantastic flickering seastar necklace you got for all of us for the birthday bash! Lots of hugs! Barbara

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mare (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1169) on Sunday, November 6, 2005 - 10:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbara,
Hmmm, seems you don't own the REEF software yet...fear not:
google unicorn filefish and click on images

Nonetheless, I, too, would love to see Darlene and Susan BSDME's photos.

Darlene, what a tease! I clicked on your thread expecting to see pictures, not a promise!
Still, I bet they will be worth the wait.
Any shots of you eating strawberries?

tee hee

mare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Your Babsness (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10151) on Monday, November 7, 2005 - 7:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL Mare, I do have a pic of a unicorn filefish! I just want to see Darlene's...I thought I saw one as well but no camera, no proof! :-)
And we are still waiting for Darlenes meat fest pics from Casablanca! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1748) on Monday, November 7, 2005 - 7:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have been back logged since I got back and havent't even had a chance for BT. I am going to try to work on pictures this week but here is the Unicorn filefish.
Unicorn filefish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2786) on Monday, November 7, 2005 - 8:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There you go my friend. Now keep posting and I won't post those Casablanca Meat Fest Photos I took of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Your Babsness (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10152) on Monday, November 7, 2005 - 8:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Woohoo Darlene! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1751) on Monday, November 7, 2005 - 8:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here are the last for tonight. It will probably be the weekend before there are any more. My grandson loves to hit the keys on the computer:-)

Flying Gurnard

permit

spotted eagle ray

spotted eagle ray

spotted eagle ray

spotted eagle ray

spotted eagle ray

the tangs I shadowed with

young adult queen

Flying Gurnard

juv rockbeauty

flamingo tounge

flamingo tounge

goldspotted eel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1752) on Monday, November 7, 2005 - 9:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

tangs that is shadowed with

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyn Loo Hoo (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15148) on Monday, November 7, 2005 - 10:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great pics Darlene! The unicorn filefish is cool! I'm so glad that you and Renee were able to ID it, and verify with Susan P. :-) That is just so awesome, again, congratulations! I would imagine there aren't too many as Renee hadn't seen one, nor Susan P! A rare find my friend:-)

Love the flying gunard too:-):-):-) Remember the one we (I) saw when we were taking the boat to Klein? I didn't even know they were on Bonaire until you told me about them:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mare (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1170) on Tuesday, November 8, 2005 - 11:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yay! Pictures!
Thanks Darlene!
Tom, how much would it cost to bribe you to post the Casablanca Meat Fest shots?

mare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2788) on Tuesday, November 8, 2005 - 1:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As long as Darlene keeps posting her photos, I will keep my promise and not post anymore photos from her "Meat Fest". When it becomes obvious that she is done posting.......
Mare, actually I was laughing so hard during Darlene's pig-out at Casablanca all of the photos I took of her are blurred. Shhhh, don't tell her and she will keep posting her photos. tee hee!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By T-Shirt Divers John and Sue (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #292) on Tuesday, November 8, 2005 - 1:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great picture of the eagle ray and the flying gunard!! Where did you see the flying gunard? Sometimes one sees them in the Caymans.
What is the difference between the unicorn filefish and a reg filefish?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2789) on Tuesday, November 8, 2005 - 1:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sue, a good description may be found at: http://www.mexfish.com/fish/ucrnfile/ucrnfile.htm

To see more photos, go to http://www.deepseaimages.com/dsilibrary/search.php
and perform a key word search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2461) on Tuesday, November 8, 2005 - 3:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, Thanks for the link to see more pics of the unicorn filefish!

Darlene: Awesome find!!! Thanks for posting a pic of the permit fish too, the name threw me off in your report, I have seen them but call them pompanos. Great pics, keep them coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Your Babsness (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10154) on Tuesday, November 8, 2005 - 11:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for posting more pics Darlene! They are fantastic! :-):-):-)
I see you've had time to peruse a lot of the other trip reports today! A little break at last? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2805) on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 10:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I hope this doesn't make Darlene hate me. This photo was taken at Swiss Chalet

Norma knew what I was doing  tee-hee!

Please forgive me Darlene. You do know I love you - right?
Waiting at the airport.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyn Loo Hoo (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15194) on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 11:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Awe! I love that last pic Tom!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mare (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1178) on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 3:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great shot Tom! I'm glad you and your nostrils thought to include some of Darlene in that shot. Darlene, nice manicured thumb nail!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2807) on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 4:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Mare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1774) on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 11:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I guess I will still post these seeing as you posted us together!

Rainbow parrots

smiling parrot

Burrfish

Goldentail

Barjack shadowing Goatfish

white spotted filefish

school of big eye scad

3677grunts

Spanish hogfish

scorpionfish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1775) on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 11:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Scrawled filefish

Squid

Octopus

Arrowcrab

Burrfish and eel

baby smooth trunkfish

grunts with soldierfish

frenchangel being cleaned

3 drums

orange cupcorals

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1776) on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 11:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here is the last of the fish :-)

Porcupine puffer

Flounder

Smooth trunkfish

Blue parrotfish

Divi Boat coral

Jacks

2 drums

Banded butterfly

3597 Four eye Butterfly

3342 Four eye Butterfly

Queen

Needlefish

3620 Grunts

Orange cupcorals

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1777) on Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 12:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OOps!! One more with a little guy in it

little guy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4307) on Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 9:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Those are most excellent, Darlene. You are getting as good a picture as can be had, snorkeling and with a small point and shoot. Not only are you taking better pictures, nice job with the editing.

A couple of things to try next time. You really want to force the flash all the time. Some times in shallow water with a lot of light, the camera will decide to not use the flash. That extra white light will help the colors a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1778) on Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 10:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Cecil! That is quite the compliment coming from someone who takes pictures as good as you!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5357) on Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 2:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow, Darlene! These are really great photos!! Congrats on the outcome....you really did have a great time...can tell just by the photos and how they came out. Terrific stuff, Darlene! Ayo Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Your Babsness (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10175) on Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 4:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great Darlene! Was that one of the puffers we saw on the trip to Sorobon with Renee? No one believes me when I tell them that some of those puffers were almost 3 feet long!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2813) on Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We believe you Barbara, really we do

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1786) on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 6:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barara, I think it was one of the puffers when we were out with Renee. And I agree with you that they were gigantic and a lot of them!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1439) on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 11:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Darlene,
Great photos! That you get such good ones snorkling is a credit to you, especially since you don't do a lot of post-processing, mostly what we see is what you got. :-)

Great trip report too - it sounds like you had the best time ever!

Susan

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration