BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: John&Liz Oct 7-17 Trip Report I
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2005: Archives - 2005-08-09 to 2005-12-26: John&Liz Oct 7-17 Trip Report I
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Cowperthwaite (BonaireTalker - Post #58) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 7:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am going to try and add a few pictures, more to come if I get this right as this will be the first time adding them to this forum...on to the actual report:

We landed 2.5hours late, much to our chagrin. We sat in SJU for the whole time extra due to some mechanical issue with the turboprop, yet there were a dozen others on the tarmac sitting idle. I personally, being in the travel biz, think they had crew issues but who cares we had a 4 hour layover and were going to Bonaire, not BFE! We got in and to our condo at the Bellafonte, more on that place later, and promptly shared a bottle of wine and watched the light rain on the sea that was lit up by the hotel. Beautiful.

Next morning Liz and I drove to Phototours at the Caribbean Court, got situated, and went for our checkout dive at the Yellowsub reef. Nice dive for the first one but itching to hit some of our favorite sites.

That afternoon we went south to Atlantis and had a close encounter of the spotted eagleray kind.

Five foot wingspan:\image

I will cover the rest of the trip once I make certain this picture uploaded etc. So look for blog II.

Cheers,

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Cowperthwaite (BonaireTalker - Post #59) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 7:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, no picture...second try:

Spotted Eagle ray: spotted eagleray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6690) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 7:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

John it appears that you photo might be too large for BT can you resize it to under 50k?? If it were the right size it would have posted..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6691) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 7:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

hummmmm I guess I was impatient~~~ great photo!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Cowperthwaite (BonaireTalker - Post #60) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 7:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This seems to have worked now that I am getting the hang of it. I guess I will try and shrink my photos as they are all around 150k not 50k...

...more to come!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Cowperthwaite (BonaireTalker - Post #61) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 7:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Freddie!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6692) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 7:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

More More More!!! If you have problems resizing send them my way and I will do it for you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greta (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1125) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 11:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nice eagleray! Please post more. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyn Loo Hoo (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14840) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 11:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nice ray John! We saw about 10 on our dive at Lac Cai with Bas:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen BT Mommy x 2 (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8726) on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 1:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great Photo, can't wait for more!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Back to Jeanine, or is it Tribs? (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1215) on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 7:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I concur, great photo and I too cannot wait to see more!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration