BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: Paul and Dee's Trip Report
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2005: Archives - 2003-04-01 to 2004-02-05: Paul and Dee's Trip Report
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Berry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2961) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 2:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just saw this report and it's a great one. Paul and Dee's Report

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Lube (BonaireTalker - Post #27) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 2:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This one is outstanding. Really puts things into perspective.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3147) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 7:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow, thank-you for posting that report. Very inspiring. I really do not have the right words to say to comment on the wonderful report.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #868) on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 8:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cecil, Thanks for sharing the link! What an awesome trip report for a group of incredible people!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2668) on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 3:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What a great report and how wonderful it is that everyone and anyone can truly enjoy Bonaire and all that she has to offer. I see our resident kitty at the Divi is in one of the photos, too! Is that Renee' with the kitty?? CArole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Lowman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 - 9:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What an incredible report! Hats off to Divi Flamingo for being so accommodating. This report needs to be written up for Rodale's Scuba Diving magazine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #651) on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 11:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cecil -thanks for posting the link - what an inspiring report!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By walt williams (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, October 2, 2003 - 12:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My wife and I were at the Divi at the same time these folks were, and believe me,it's very humbling to watch these divers -- they are incredible. Although we had only minimal contact with most of them, we did do quite a lot of diving with Don and his wife. What an amazing couple. If I'm not mistaken, I think I overheard them say they had just completed their 550th (or maybe 515th) dive.

There was another fellow in a chair, but not part of the "group". What was most heart-warming and literally brought tears to our eyes was to watch the care provided by the Divi crew, mainly Pepe who was John's aid during all the dives we were on with him. Pepe is just one example of the wonderful Divi team. He not only provided physical care, but you could see he has had special training for the disabled. My wife is in health care and is very knowledgeable concerning special needs for para- and quadraplegic folks, and she was very impressed with the training and level of care (and caring). It's obvious that this is not "just a job" for these instructors/guides.

Having said all this, I am now motivated to write our own trip report and let everybody on the board know what a great, super first-time-Bonaire experience we had.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration