BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Newsgroup Announcements: Newsgroup Software Maintenance
Bonaire Talk: Newsgroup Announcements: Newsgroup Software Maintenance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Newsgroup Moderator on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 2:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The upgrade seems to have gone okay, but undoubtedly there will be some weird glitches going on which we are not presently aware of.

Please go to http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/28/65940.html to post your comments/experiences/etc. as well as read about a new feature offered by this software.

The Moderators

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Newsgroup Moderator on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 9:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We're going to bite the bullet right now because it's late on Friday night, very little BT activity, and as our testing today has determined, it's going to take a long time to take the 1.3GB of BonaireTalk messages and convert them to our new and improved software... (probably will have to do it twice, even).

So, from this point forward, we'll be blocking posts until the upgrade is complete (sometime tomorrow - Saturday).

Between now and then you may see all sorts of weirdnesses and different "looks" as we tweak the user interface on the new version. Ignore them...

The Moderators

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Newsgroup Moderator on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 12:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Please note that sometime this weekend - January 25-26, BonaireTalk will be going through a major software upgrade, during which time everything will be viewable, but no new posts will be permitted.

The most likely times that this will be done are either 10am-4pm Saturday or 11am-5pm on Sunday, Atlantic Standard Time (Bonaire's time zone).

We will post a notice here once we know for sure which of those time slots we'll be attempting the upgrade in.

The Moderators

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration