BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Nature & Nature Organizations: Birding On Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Nature & Nature Organizations: Flamingos, Parrots, and other birds of Bonaire: Birding On Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Coleburn on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 10:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

There are a lot of birds to see on Bonaire. We saw many species of shore birds, migrating warblers and swallows, parrots, flycatchers, etc. etc. If visitors have an interest in birds and nature I would highly recommend that you contact Jerry Ligon (jcligon@bonairelive.com) for a tour.
Our tour started at about 7:45am and we headed towards the northern part of the island. Like any good guide Jerry showed us places we never would have found on our own. Two highlights were Peaceful Canyon (Jerry's name for it) and Dos Pos. The canyon was a special treat ... where we saw the uncommon yellow shouldered parrot and the crested caracara.
Jerry has been on the island for about 8 years and I think you would have a hard time finding someone more knowledgable about flora and fauna on the island. The tour lasted until 12:30 and cost $40.00 per person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 11:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jerry sent me an article about birding on Bonaire as well as four lovely photos to add to the InfoBonaire site. He mentions the birds by their common as well as species names so it makes it easy to understand.

You can read it at:
http://www.infobonaire.com/birdwatching.html#article

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ellen Muller on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 1:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hmmm. Linda, All four of those photos are mine. I have even posted the first three on Bonaire Talk. Can you please change the copyright information and include it underneath the photos as you have on the other three photos at the top of the page.

Thanks,
Ellen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 8:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry about the mistake Ellen. I will certainly change the copyright info. Thanks for telling me and for still letting us use the photos on the page. Of course, now I know exactly why those are such gorgeous pictures :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BEVERLY A FILLIO (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #101) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 9:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know if there is a book on the wild birds of Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nat (BonaireTalker - Post #52) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 9:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, there is a series of three very nice little soft cover books, "Our Birds," "Our Trees," and "Our Animals." The text is in Papiamento, Dutch, and English. I believe I bought ours at the airport shop.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration