BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Nature & Nature Organizations: Fontein
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Nature & Nature Organizations: Fontein
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan (BonaireTalker - Post #48) on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get access to Fontein (and how to do so)? I have been reading about the fresh water pools and other sites there and would like to explore there, but I have read that access has been off and on.

Any info and good directions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Janet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4302) on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 11:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It is not open and belongs to the Mansur family in Aruba. It would make a wonderful park and recreation area. Anyone want to raise money and buy it..????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan (BonaireTalker - Post #51) on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 2:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the info, even though it means we can't look forward to seeing the area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan (BonaireTalker - Post #53) on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 2:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael, thanks for the info, even though it means we won't be able to see Fontein.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIVER DEBBI (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #683) on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 4:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I remember years ago we got to visit the area and the pools were all empty , but still able to enter the " cave " with little plastic hard hats and see some birds in cages..the plantings were beautiful and thought the site had great feeling, agree it would be a nice attraction if some work was put into it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #521) on Monday, February 28, 2011 - 9:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

i know the caretaker and it is possible to get access- with special arrangements with him ..let me know .. he may or not give permission .. it depends on many factors...

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration