BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Nature & Nature Organizations: FreeWinds is back! And dumping, too
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Nature & Nature Organizations: FreeWinds is back! And dumping, too
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7100) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 9:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Please take a moment to watch Sean Paton's video clip made today, July 20, 2009, on You Tube. Freewinds has returned. The dumping started as soon as she docked. Samples were obtained and taken to the lab immediately for testing. The results are of great concern for Bonaire's delicate Eco system. How is it they have been permitted to return to Bonaire at all, let alone permitted to resume the dumping of contaminated fluids from the ship onto the shores of Bonaire????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLFLdip3-ds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOBY (BonaireTalker - Post #65) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 10:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Are these the same contaminated fluids that the people living in houses, condos, apartments, boats etc are dumping or do they have a whole new brand.
Do they still have Asbestos on board - I heard not, but who really knows?
On what basis could they not be permitted to return to Bonaire? How could we legitimately stop them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2341) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 5:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for posting Carole and kudos to Sean for his investigative reporting. Pretty disgusting! Who's being paid for this and where's the money going?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOBY (BonaireTalker - Post #67) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 8:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

By the way, now I think about it, how do all the private boats that moor in Bonaire's waters dispose of their waste?
Does it make a difference if you are in a marina?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eddie blizzard (BonaireTalker - Post #52) on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 6:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

By the way, now I think about it, how do all the private boats that moor in Bonaire's waters dispose of their waste

Good question

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil the Bee (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 6:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, good question, but is anybody able and willing to answer it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7109) on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 7:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm looking into finding an answer for you now...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Menno (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #266) on Friday, July 24, 2009 - 7:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The boats moored in the Marina use the restrooms (and bathrooms) in the Marina.
I guess the ones moored "outside" are connected to the same sewage system as the properties on the shoreline are....... Just don't look up when diving under a sailboat and you here flushing......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil the Bee (BonaireTalker - Post #99) on Friday, July 24, 2009 - 9:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OOOOH. Doesn't this raise a few questions in people's minds?
Does everyone in the marina really leave their boat in the middle of the night and go to a restroom?
& surely, having however many boats, say up to 50 or so, I haven't counted them, dumping their waste immediately above the reef where they are moored, have a more immediate impact on the reef than the waste that is taken inland to LVV and broken down there?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration