BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Nature & Nature Organizations: Jerry Ligon, what an island resource..phew
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Nature & Nature Organizations: Jerry Ligon, what an island resource..phew
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairebliss.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3812) on Wednesday, July 8, 2009 - 1:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am just back from my third birding / nature tour with our island biologist, Jerry Ligon. I HIGHLY recommend a tour with Jerry. He is animated, enthusiastic and so well informed on birding, nature, floral and fauna, island lore and MORE. I am not paid to say this nor do I earn any commissions on tours. I just love this guy and think on your off dive day or low wind windsurf day you should book with Jerry. He can be reached at Dive Adventures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3745) on Wednesday, July 8, 2009 - 2:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

He is also one of the best for reef fish ID and Behavior. He is the answer man for all questions about the nature of our island. I totally agree with Ann and not paid either!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jane D (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Wednesday, July 8, 2009 - 4:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

He sounds like a must meet kinda person. We are gonna be there for two weeks and want to really get to know the island better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Melissa (BonaireTalker - Post #76) on Wednesday, July 8, 2009 - 4:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Took the fish ID class from him last year. It was great. Learned a lot. The class included a dive with him as guide.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Baker (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #623) on Thursday, July 9, 2009 - 11:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I also recommend Jerry and his fish id class. I took it twice the first time I was in Bonaire and he signed my PADI Naturalist specialty. I have taken it twice again after that trip, learn something new every time.

Aquaman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By silvia taurer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #123) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 5:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jerry, is the man, to seek more information visit the website of
Bonaire Dive and Adventure:

http://www.bonairediveandadventure.com/

you'll find a link to the Naturalist on this site.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration