BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Nature & Nature Organizations: A Long Trip
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Nature & Nature Organizations: STCB (Sea Turtle Conservation Bonaire): A Long Trip
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Gassert (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #502) on Friday, February 8, 2008 - 12:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You all think getting to Bonaire takes a long time? Well next time you think about how long it's really taking think about this guy:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080208/ap_on_fe_st/odd_amazing_journey_2

Hope this link works...enjoy. :-)

PS..thanks Freddie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cheryl aka snorkelady is going back! (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #381) on Friday, February 8, 2008 - 1:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barry, that is a remarkable journey and quite a feat to be able to track his progress. I thoroughly enjoyed this and thank you for posting it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6454) on Saturday, February 9, 2008 - 1:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Barry...these beautiful creatures just never cease to amaze me. Makes one realize how "man" doesn't truly "rule" the world.

PS My buddy in Lombok "moved" to a different accommodation which seems to be nicer but still is not home in Bali yet. Maybe this spring. Thanks for your input. cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Gassert (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #504) on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 9:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I used to give presentations on the sea turtles for STCB and wish I had had this experience to share.

People used to be amazed about a 3 meter leatherback found on Wales, but this? Yeah, it is quite something.

Hope the accommodation is better and closer for his needs. Of course Bali would be best. :-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration