BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Nature & Nature Organizations: Bt'ers....Adopt Gilian for One More Year:-)
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Nature & Nature Organizations: Donkey Sanctuary: Bt'ers....Adopt Gilian for One More Year:-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12734) on Monday, December 6, 2004 - 6:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi All,

I have been so busy, and meant to get to this sooner. Last year several BT'ers donated money and we were able to raise $600.00 to adopt 2 donkeys (and Marina could use the extra for Sanctuary purposes). We adopted "Sandy" and "Gilian." Click here to see the pictures of Martin, Angela and Kelly delivering the money to Marina..

http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/771/127950.html?1086737615

I am going to adopt Sandy on my own this year, so I would like to raise money to adopt Gilian for one more year. The cost is $175.00. If you would like to help with the adoption, please either email me, or post here. I think this year we can do so from www.SupportBonaire.com, and let them know that the money is to be targeted to Gilian's adoption. Also, if you donate through that medium, in the US it is a tax donation:-)

So Gilian will become the official BT Donkey:-)

Here are Gilian's adoption papers and certificate:-)

cert
Gilian

OH, and the title of this thread should be "Gilian", Karin is Sandy's mommy:-)

(Message edited by cyndelee on December 6, 2004)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3717) on Monday, December 6, 2004 - 6:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've changed the title of this tread, just for Cynde. :-)

Great idea Cynde.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12737) on Monday, December 6, 2004 - 6:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Martini, as a moderator, you would think I would have been able to figure it out...dysfunctional moderator...LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally and Eva (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #645) on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 12:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK Gillian is mine...I will send the $175 in my youngest daughters name Alexis Darby Bell. Since I can't come in late december and be the GRILL MASTER (which I am really bummed about) I may as well feed a dadgum burro via visa, :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mare (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #453) on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 12:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wally, you are quite a guy!
Eva, you are a lucky gal!
Alexis, you have a nice Dad!
Gillian, you are a very fortunate donkey!
And, by the way Wally, did you tell Marina that Gillian needs beer too? (Just thought I'd ask...)

Mischievous Mare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12745) on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 2:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

O...M...G....Wally, you are my HERO! Wow, this is sooooo amazing! I actually have tears in my eyes...and to donate in your daughters name...Oh my, you have no idea how great this is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12747) on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 3:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wally, when you make the donation, if you do so through www.supportbonaire.org, in the comment section, specify that this is for the adoption of Gilian, in Alexis' name:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3457) on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 4:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde - since Wally (Wally you are a hero in all of our eyes) stepped up for all of us - do we want to try to adopt another donkey - where we all can contribute - like we did last year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12748) on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 4:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mary, absolutely! BT'ers, saving one little donKEY at a time:-) (think of saying donKEY like Shrek does:-):-))...along with the turtles, dogs, cats, little orphan boys, and folks in GC:-) Amazing what happens when a community rallies together!

Thanks again Jake and Linda for BT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4412) on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 9:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Let's get the BT donkey drive going again, then, OK guys? Mail the checks to Cynde or some other arrangement this year?? Ayo. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #440) on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 11:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Count us In! Just let us know the particulars!

Ed and Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marabeth Owens (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #425) on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 10:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, yes please. Count me in!

Mara

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #748) on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 11:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Count me in as well

Regards

Brian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12761) on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 2:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK, please either let me know here, how much you would like to donate, so that we can work up to the necessary $175.00, or email me privately if you wish. Once we get the total, then everyone can donate through www.supportbonaire.org, and in the comment section note that it is for the new BT Donkey adoption so Marina knows.

You all are just fantastic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4415) on Wednesday, December 8, 2004 - 3:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, there, Cynde...just sent you an email and I just made a donation via Support Bonaire and indicated it was for the Donkey Sanctuary from me and Joe in conjuction with other members of Bonaire Talk (webcams, etc). This way they know it will be part of a group of donations from the BT group.

I think this is wonderful! It appears Marina has doubled the number of donkeys she has now compared to the number there last June. (approximately). Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #749) on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 3:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Cynde

Donation added to the Donkey Sanctuary and email sent.

Thanks for setting this up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12765) on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 2:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brain, THANKS! We are "on our way" as they say! Keep em' coming gang!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4418) on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 4:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, your brain seems to work like mine...in reverse at times! LOL. I always type "Brain" instead of Brian, too. I always type "Claims" instead of "clams" after being in the insurance claims industry for waaaaaayyyyy too long! LOL.

Let's go donkey lovers! I know it's a rough time of the year for money but if you can swing any little bit for Marina it would be wonderful. Thanks, guys! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally and Eva (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #648) on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 9:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was checking out last weeks threads trying to figure out the correlation between dutch kids putting their shoes out and Cap't Don putting his foot in the ground and realized that after midnight on the 7th I adopted a donkey. So with kids feet out of there shoes, Don's foot in the ground and my foot in my mouth....Gilian now has a years worth oats and I'm looking suspiciously at my barley. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mare (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #456) on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 10:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wally (I was going to say Dude! but I don't want to get into trouble again),

Did you mean the liquid barley?

as in, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barley#Uses

quote:

Malting barley is a key ingredient in beer and whiskey production.

I think we are on the same page. Frightening -- I speak Wally!

-Mare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #751) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 4:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde

No worries.

It will be good to see Don again, we were sad that he was not around last September.

Barley - nah - now single malt - now we are talking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #451) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 8:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok Cynde,

Ed and I have donated through SupportBonaire! Thanks so much!

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally and Eva (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #651) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 1:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Seems the later at night it be
as I'm surfing around on my favorite BT
with my Buddy-weiser leading me astray
the less wise and more buddy I behave :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3460) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 2:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde - I just made a donation through the SupportBonaire website.

Thanks so much for organizing this again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12769) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 3:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks you guys!

BRIAN, you are there with GRETA for me...geez! Sorry!

Wally, you can't post that you will adopt a donkey if you don't mean it...I think when you go to Bon next, you need to take a bright and bring one Gilian (I can only say donKEY like Shrek does) hee hee...

At this point, I know there has been enough donated for one donkey, and extra, so keep it coming gang, I bet we can adopt another two this year! How great will that be!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally and Eva (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #652) on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 10:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I already did the deed for Gilgor...I had forgot till I read the back post. I'm sure Eva would have noticed when the Visa came in and reminded me. I will definately go see the little bugger.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration