BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire WebCams: EARLY Monday Morning!
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire WebCams: Archives: Archives 1999-2004: Archives - 2002-07-01 to 2002-11-27: EARLY Monday Morning!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 12:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just checked out the Sunday captures...great work! Some new fish faces! Cooling off here in Sacramento, may see some low 90's this week! Looking forward to the fresh catch of the day! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 12:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just scanned the archives for a quick look...here's a few from late Sunday afternoon...
a.jpgb.jpg
c.jpgd.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martine TLOUZEAU - Jean Paul GODARD on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 6:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning all,
It is suffocating here in Paris, no wind, 30 degrees ( over 80 F) and ozone pollution at critical point. It is recommended not to use the cars in town and speed is limites to 30m/h.
I think i'll have a nice sunbath on the roof this afternoon, nothing to do but rest. Have a nice day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 6:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Goodmorning from a hot Rotterdam. Have a nice day all!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Janeece on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 6:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ooooooooooooooooooooooo 1 Martine we have morning low of -1 deg C and the high point in the day is around 1pm and it is 15 deg, beautiful sunny days 1 (but we only dream of sunbathing) and the most crisp clear nights..i swear i can see Bonaire when the sun goes down.

Good Morning all :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Janeece on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 6:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oooops or is it Jean Paul speaking??.... 1
sorry if i got you mixed up....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol Eddy on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 7:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Morning All,
Seems to be hot everywhere (except where you are Janeece :)).....supposed to be 118 degrees here with the heat index...yuck

Carol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martine TLOUZEAU - Jean Paul GODARD on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 7:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Janeece, Martin and Carol,
No, that's me, Jean Paul is not a great speaker...
Just going now on the roof terrace for a niiiice and waaaarm sunbath. I do not forget a cold 1664 ( the equivalent of US Buddie or Dutch Amstel ). See you later...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol Eddy on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 7:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Woof!Woof!.....I can't figure out what that is on the right side of the gate. The hibiscus is blooming.

woof

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Janeece on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 7:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL i think i ned to travel 1 to somewhere warmer
and i looked at the picture above and first thought was a bird until i looked again and thought....ahah a new post protector from Blijke... 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Waddell on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 8:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning all! It is very sticky here in the Atlanta area as well. I'm down to 48 hours before making my getaway to Bonaire! We leave early Wednesday morning. If I get in front of the street cam, I'll be the one with the grey beard, and well... you can see my picture, here after all. We get to stay until 8/7. I'm like a kid before Christmas! Hope to "see" you all soon!

Neat dogs, by the way! Does anyone know their names?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 8:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Have a great trip Jim!!! We'll be watching for you. The dogs names are Blijke {the small one on the fence} and Grendel{the one that looks like a small horse!!} Sometimes Mandy the cat shows up as well. Again have a safe wonderful trip!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renee Bayes on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 8:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jim!

Good morning everyone!

Jim,
The dog's names are Blijke (the smaller one) and Grendel. I'm very envious of you leaving for Bonaire so soon! I'm going at the end of August and can't stand the excitement already!

We'll keep our eyes peeled for you on the street cam. The reef cam too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 8:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jim, The name of the smaller dog is Blikje (dutch for Can, as in can of beer) and the small horse is named Grendel, I can't remember the correct English word for it, but it's dutch for an old type of lock to a door or gate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Waddell on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 8:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you all! And yes, Renee, the reefcam too!!Indeed, indeed!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 9:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, everyone! Sounds like a world wide heat wave again today! Looks like a few fish flurries on the reefcam and a couple of early divers off to a cooler start!
a.jpg b.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb schulherr on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 9:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Day after tomorrow, we will be winging towards Montego Bay at this time, I am sooo excited!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 11:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lucky you, Seb! Maybe you and Jim can make a joint webcam appearance! This fish will be looking for you!
eye.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 12:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here's a big group...I think everyone's moved over to community chat..anyone there?? :-)
group.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 12:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Getting busy...
qpar.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 2:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Guess I'm on webcam chat by myself :-( This is a pretty picture!
rdfish.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol Eddy on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 2:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm popping in and out Barbara - trying to do housework :(

Carol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol Eddy on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 2:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

They are what??!! Please clean the cam!

divers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol Eddy on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 2:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

They are Penn State

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renee Bayes on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 2:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Barbara and Carol!

I just got back from lunch and popped in.

Looks like I just missed Penn State!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 3:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carol and Renee! Glad to know your popping in..it gets lonely with no chat-housework is not fun! I'm just peeking in on breaks at wordk! Nice poster for Penn State...big enough to read!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 3:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

They're back...
b.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 3:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Okay, trying again...b.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maria Petrovic on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 3:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Everyone,
Very hot and humid here in the UK this evening,probably due for a thunderstorm later.
diver

divers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maria Petrovic on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 3:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry Barbara, I was too slow again, we have a double post. I have just been reading up on posts. and congratulations on taking the new job.When do you start.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol Eddy on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 3:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Maria,
Hot and humid there as well? At least we have air conditioning just about everywhere.....know that most places over there don't.

Carol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 3:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Maria, Thanks for the congratulations! Start in 4 weeks, after a two week vacation in Washington State/Glacier Natl. Park! Hope you're having a fun Monday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sarah on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 3:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Maria, call free: 0800 69 69 69 Heatbusters.. one of the best things we ever did! It's 8:30pm here and currently 27 degrees.. lovely..:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 3:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here's a nice group...at least someone looks cool while we all survive this summers heat!
a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maria Petrovic on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 4:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Barbara,
Have a nice holiday before you start your new job.
Not a good start to Monday, still lots to do and too hot to do anything.

Carol, you are right, we dont have many places with air conditioning here. Well I suppose we could escape to the bigger supermarkets and walk around them all day to keep cool. perhaps hover around the freezer departments.

Sarah, I think I will give heatbusters a miss. probably tommorow it will turn cold, you never know over here, I have got a fan, will make do with that for now, although it's not making a lot of difference at the moment, (blowing out hot air)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 4:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here's a new group of divers. I got a whole house fan a couple of years ago..works better than the air conditioning at night-you open the windows and it sucks in the cool air and blows out the hot air (one just wonders about the quality of the air brought in)...if you get the temp low enough in the a.m., it stays cooler all day. a.jpg
b.jpg c.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maria Petrovic on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 4:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Another diver,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sarah on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 5:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Maria, the latest on the temps is mid 70's for next few days then low 70's... (South East). We had to get A/C here, some of the windows upstairs have been sealed, so can only open little ones!..:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 5:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all, here are a few divers that got missed...
cam.jpg
cam2.jpg
cam5.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 5:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

oops, this is the one I meant...
cam5.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maria Petrovic on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 5:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sarah, We had a late start to summer, but its making up for it now. must be nice to have A/C, Ive got all my windows wide open and it doesnt make any difference. Why have the windows been sealed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 5:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

here are a couple more...
cam.jpg
cam.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sarah on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 5:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Maria, the owner had them sealed for security reasons!! Anyway, as we're renting this house, we're due to move soon, so can look forward to having open windows next summer..:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 5:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Cynde! Cool captions!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 5:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Almost missed these guys!
a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maria Petrovic on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 7:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sarah, must be a bit clostrophobic. Good luck with the move, when the time comes. (everyone seems to be moving lately)

Barbara, I like the idea of the whole house fan, sounds good. I've not heard of that one.

sunset

One last sunset, and time to say
Goodnight all. This heat makes me feel sleepy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Vandiver on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 8:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I sure wish some people would stop posting all those *&*(^$ animated GIF's. These were supposedly disallowed a few months ago as they are off topic and high bandwith. Go to the chat area please. I was about to post on the issue back then but the policy was created.

Sorry for the attitude, but sheesh people.

Bob Vandiver

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Snorkelguy {Scott} on Monday, July 29, 2002 - 8:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey BT Buddies. Busy day at work, whew! Thanks for the great captures, looks like a great day for fish captures.

Only 3 more months to Bonaire, I can’t stand the wait!

Here’s a couple from this afternoons archive:

chub parrot
hogfish tail

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration