BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire WebCams: Looks like a clear day...Ivan is away
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire WebCams: Archives: Archives 1999-2004: Archives - 2004-09-01 to 2004-12-31: Looks like a clear day...Ivan is away
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4170) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 9:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thought it was time...threads are starting so slow!
Martin,,,thanks for the update...our roving reporter! Wish we could see pictures!
I think Jake is still traveling...he left Texas this morning...that must be a few hours travel.... Hope they get power soon...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #5076) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 10:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just got to Miami. My flight to Curacao appears to be on-time - leaving in about 40 minutes, which is a relief - hopefully I'll be able to get from Curacao to Bonaire...

Linda left me a voice mail that she's all well, but still no power and thus no Internet connection.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4171) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 10:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the update Jake...safe next leg of your trip....you get to see what Curacao looks like also...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Sarge (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #307) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 10:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just spoke on the phone to Karen, diveinstructor at the Wannadive. We spoke about Ivan and the trails he left behind. For the island it didn't leave many tracks: tree's and some little damage, but no persons were hurt.
Power is not yet up on the island and everybody is cleaning up. Lots of rain, lots of tree-branches. Some of the docks were damaged (Divi Pier, Salt Pier, Bon Bini) but nothing that can't be fixed. At Eden Beach high waves were seen (over 5 meters) but except from lots and lots of stones on the beach no real damage.
One small note: due to visibility the Marine Park Officials along with all dive-operators agreed on no diving today for safety reasons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3535) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 10:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanx Jake and Stan for the update.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1958) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 10:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Power is back downtown Kralendijk. I came in to check on the gallery. We've been enjoying the AC, music, and internet. Very little damage all around I suspect. No damage at my house just people tired of sitting in the dark :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Sarge (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #308) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 10:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

belem had really heavy storms, the evacuated the people over there. Elsewhere on the island (not at the shore) they almost 'didn't even notice' Ivan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1171) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 10:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake, I am glad to hear that Linda and the kids are fine and that you have gotten through the first leg of your trip back home safely. You are in my thoughts.
I just heard from a friend that is staying in a house on the water front down near the Divi. She is fine but it looks like the Divi got hit again. They have lost their dive docks. She said the waves were crashing over the promenade and left a lot of debris along the shore road. I hope the Dive Inn managed ok as I am due to be there in three weeks. Oh, today is sunny and beautiful like nothing ever happened!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3538) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 10:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda, welcome back!! Good to hear you guys are OK. It sounds like the damage is not to big. I'm worried about the reefs though...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3539) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 11:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just read the homepage of the Bonaire reporter. check it for more info...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4173) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 11:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well...we are starting to get alittle good news...I hope more dive shops check in, Buddy, Lions, Capt. Don, Carib Inn...
I guess we have to wait a day to check on the coral...
Bas...are you out there? I know you must be driving around!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greta Badstebner (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #519) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 11:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Martin~ Thanks for the link to the Bonaire Reporter. Very informative! I added it to my favorites (was surprised it wasn't already there).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3091) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 11:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda - great to hear from you - glad the you guys had no damage to both the house and the gallery!!!

I hope Jake has a good trip from Miami to Curacao - looking at the satellite image of the storm the flight pattern will be big arc to go around the storm!!!

Will check the Bonaire reporter soon - thanks Martin for the link!!!

Sarge getting up close so we can see he is okay!!!
sargebelly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6426) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 11:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glad to see Linda, Jake and Martins posts with the updates! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc @ CrystalVisions (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1356) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 11:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, that was, as we say in Dutch, a storm in a glass of water... Lots of preventive measures (power was cut at 18:00 last night and restored this morning), but heck, I've seen stronger winds and more rain at other times since we've been here. Even the salinas aren't completely filled.
Luckily power lasted long enough for us to see Holland beat the Czech Republic :-). And later we played Scrabble by candlelight. No trouble sleeping at all. Reconnected all computers this morning, and everything is working again now. Good luck to Jamaica...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greta Badstebner (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #521) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 12:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda & Marc~ Glad to hear everything is all right. I hope the airports are functioning so Jake can get home!

I'll see you all later...BT is loading really slow for me (don't know about the rest of ya). I've got to get a few things accomplished while the little guy is in school.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3543) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 12:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Greta, BT is slow here from time to time as well, but hey, that's why this site is the # uno for news from Bonaire :-).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Wood (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #118) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 12:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonaire Reporter has a status report on their website.

http://www.bonairereporter.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #654) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 12:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very glad to hear that all seems well on Bonaire, we'll be there in just over two weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3544) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 1:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have visitors...

hello

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3545) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 1:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

ivan

And now the picture (I hope...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12139) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 1:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK, for Martini:-)

Ivan was terrible, no diving today!
cam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Elvira M. Bolanos (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #570) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 1:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks all for the updates.

Jake, hopefully you had a safe flight from Miami to Curacao and then to Bonaire. Good to hear that Linda and the kids are doing well.

Martin, thanks for the link.
cam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12140) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 1:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake, please get home SAFELY!!! Linda, Marc, Kitty, et al., glad you all are OK:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Faith M. Senie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #573) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 1:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

When I saw Ivan was what they named this one, I couldn't believe it -- they're just begging for it to turn into Ivan the Terrible! Glad to see Bonaire weathered it reasonably well.

Marc, I suspect the Dutch "storm in a glass of water" is equivalent to the English "tempest in a teapot"...

Good luck to folks as they clean up, and here's hoping the rest of the folks in Ivan's track can get out of the way before he comes roaring through...

Faith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lisa Amidei (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #447) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 2:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A couple more of our recent visitors.
bright time Kaplan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3546) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 2:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanx Cyberbud... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3547) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 2:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone on island (Jake??) have information about the villa at Punt Vierkant, I can imagine it got flooded or worse... I just hope there was no-one in there during the storm...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris condon (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 2:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glad to hear everyone is safe and Ivan spared the island.
My wife and I have been glued to the webcams and the message board. We're coming to visit next week, so It's good to see there wasn't much heavy damage.
The bad new is that we live in FL, and if the hurricane keeps coming this way, we may not be able to fly out next WED!
Hopefully Ivan will stay away from us, and we'll get to enjoy our second trip to our favorite island getaway! Oh, and we hope the vis clears up by then too!

Cheers,

Chris C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Stoltzfus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #306) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 3:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Are those hotel towels being used for the cam visitors signs??!! :-) :-)

Just heard from Jack Chalk at Habitat. Capt. Don's will be up and running tomorrow including their docks. Seems like just a bunch of cleanup for them. He did indicate more damage to the south of Habitat but hadn't been off the property to confirm.

Thanks, Martini and Mike, for the Bonaire Reporter link. It seems we've lost some docks.

We're glad everyone on island is safe and even enjoyed some "together time". Now my eyes turn to Florida. Our Florida BTers have had enough....no more...go away Ivan! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 3:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Chris, We are fying in the 15th as well we will seeya on the plane if you are flying Air Jamacia. Chicgo O'Hare to Montego Bay and then Good'ol Bonaire!! Can't wait. Hope that Ivan spares florida anymore heart ache. Where are you staying? We will be at the Dive-Inn if it is still there. If you click on a senders name in B/Talk you can see their profile and pictue if they have one posted. Hope you can make your flight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3093) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 3:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Chris - WELCOME TO BT!!! Look forward to seeing you in front of the cams!!! Let us know how to recognize you!!! Best of luck with Ivan in Florida - you guys do not need another hurricane now!!!

Yipee the South beach cam is drying enough to see the sign on the dock!!!
sign

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris condon (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 3:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the welcome!
We're flying Air jamaica out of Atlanta, and we'll be at the Sand Dollar... If Ivan lets us leave FL!
We'll definitely do some webcam posing... I may bring my band's stage banner. Just look for a big black banner that says "Dial-9"

Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lisa Amidei (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #448) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 4:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looks like there's one branch lower than before, and the cam's a little tilted. Not bad considering what it went thru. I wouldn't have fared that well, I'm sure. :-)

South Cam From Tuesday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3548) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 4:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And a lot of rubble on the beach...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3094) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 4:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Lisa - doesn't look too bad - though look a the surf!!!
surf

Looks like the underwater is clearing up to!!!
fish

Wonder how Jake's flight went and when he will get home!?!?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martine TLOUZEAU - Jean Paul GODARD (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5376) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello all,
I had a check at the airport but didn't post any message. I was happy to hear everybody is safe. Sad the shore dwellers had to suffer some light damages, cause it could have been worse.
1 I think the beach cleaning has started and wish I could give a hand.
Incredible how the weather returned to sun so fast and how calm the sea looks now compared to yesterday. I hope Jake returns home safely and quickly as expected.
Time to say goodnight. Have a nice evening all, see you tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martine TLOUZEAU - Jean Paul GODARD (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5377) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 4:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

1 1a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martine TLOUZEAU - Jean Paul GODARD (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5378) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 4:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

1 1a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sarah (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2007) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 5:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Phew!
Mike, thanks for the link to the Reporter.
Sarah
ps: Hello all.. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3550) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 5:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Are there big rock on the south beach cam?? In the 16:52 picture the people are just to the right of them, I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sarah (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2008) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 5:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looks like rocks to me too Martin - took one last look before beauty sleep! Good to see Bonaire looking calm again - nice shots from the cams. Hope all is well with you and yours?
Bye for now...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Hall (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #573) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 6:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looks like the surf is still up, but good to see the "scene" returning to normal...well, if you cock your head (the tilt). See how far the surf goes past the pier entrance?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Hall (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #574) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 6:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Speaking of returning to normal. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dilly Dillbream (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #745) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 6:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This will be a triple for sure!
cam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Hall (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #575) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 6:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

These look bigger than our average fish visitors, but I'm glad to see so many fish!

And sunset is still gorgeous on our little ravaged paradise. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kimberly Salazar (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 6:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

kathy, thanks for the pics i love looking at all of them, but i miss being there so much i feel withdrawal symptoms coming on.
kim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By captjoe (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #55) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 6:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

How did lac bay fair? We will be at Sorobon Sept 25 if all is well here in Florida and Sorobon.
We have been away to long, but we have relied on Sorobon, Bonaire, the web cams and BT for our relief at the end of the day. We hope all is well with everyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Bacon (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 7:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks all for the reports of Ivan. It was nice to be able to read your news from here in sunny California. I think I prefer our occasional earthquake to your occasional hurricane.....,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6457) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 8:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome Chris and Paul! I am glad to see that there was little damage and that everyone is safe and things are returning to normal. Have a safe flight home Jake! My thoughts are with those in the path of Ivan. I hope it losses much of its strength.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stigaard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #317) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 8:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonaire 3 weeks from today!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6458) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 8:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No more Starbucks for us then John:-(.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LaDonna Pride (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2113) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 9:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OMG...Ihatemyjob, Ihatemyjob, Ihatemyjob.....could they have picked a worse time to cut off my access to BT????????? I have been watching the news, and listening to reports but haven't been able to check in until today!!!! Thank God (sorry Seb) Ivan "missed" heaven!!!!!

LaDonna

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6462) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 9:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good Night everyone!

Hello Janice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6429) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 9:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glad to see things coming back together...hope the coral is as unscathed as it seems the rest of the island is....:-)
This is eerie!a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Hall (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #576) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 9:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kimblerly, PBD is what draws me back here, and not just to the cams, but to the island itself. I love it. I know what you're feeling, we just had a GLORIOUS vacation there a month ago. But I get up in time for sunrise (just before work) and get home in time for sunset, (just after work, that one hour diff makes a good transition time) so I'm hooked (line and sinker, all that). :-) Seeing Bonaire and the sun and the happy people and all the magnificent colors at dawn and sunset (not to mention catching fish! lol) gives my day a lift, floods me with color and makes it OK until I can go back!

LaDonna, I'm so feeling for you being blocked at work. (((hugs))) That would totally SUCK. :-)

Night ya'll. Maybe we'll have rocks picked up and chairs and cameras aligned soon....but most importantly, Bonaire held off another one. :-) It is still "out" of the hurricane belt in the record books. Close call, but it held. It's the same as before. I'm so happy for that. Can't wait to return there in person. But then, I can return every morning and afternoon in a way, thanks to Jake and his cams. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6430) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 9:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just decided I should enlarge the visitors above...anyone recognize them?
a.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debra Marcelle/Kevin Crocker (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 9:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We joined the Bonaire talk thread just to thank everyone communicating back and forth about Ivan's affect on Bonaire. We sometimes read the threads and look the pictures posted, but neither one of us will probably get into a continual thread. This Christmas, my husband and I will be returning to our favorite place in the world for the ninth time. We save money all year and stay at the Dive Inn, so we were very glad to hear that the damage was minimal. We were married on the island in Dec of 2001 and have come to think of Bonaire as home and hope to realize that dream. Thanks everyone for letting us eavesdrop, so to speak. Great relief!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4041) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 10:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Debra and Kevin....feel free to jump into the "waters" on the board with us at any time! Glad to see you took the plunge today.

Have a wonderful time on Bonaire at Christmas and please, do, stop by here again and let us know how everything went on your vacation! Ayo. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boudewijn Redeker (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 11:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Some pictures of Bonaire on the amigoe.com site:

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/article_9071.shtml

For those who can read Dutch, a report on Ivan on Curacao: Link removed by moderators because it was spam. Link farming and spam links that spawn advertising pop ups are against Bonaire Talk Policy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4048) on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 11:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the link, Boudewijn. Is the third photo on Amigoe of the Park? That looks like the little steel bridge in the Park on the very northern tip area....

Where is the lunch/dinner shack in the photo?

Thanks so much for the link! CArole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Igor van Riel (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2674) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 5:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carole,
the third photo is of the bridge near Willemstoren. It says the bridge is closed untill it the damage has been investigated and repaired.
Thx. 4 the link Boudewijn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4049) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 8:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Igor....not to sound dumb, but where is Willemstoren? The area looks familiar to me but I'm not certain I am placing it in the correct place in my mind! LOL. Thanks for your help! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Igor van Riel (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2676) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 9:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

No problem Carole :-)
Willemstoren is the lighthouse on the south-point of the island.
Here's a picture of it:
The bridge is close to the Flamingo-sanctuary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karin van Veen (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1519) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 1:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

the lunch/dinner shack is Lac Suit, Carole. It says that the recently renovated, popular dance location suffered major damage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Niki Harris (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1259) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 3:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

CAPTJOE! Long time no see!! Haven't heard anything about status of Lac Bay and Sorobon. Hope someone posts something for us...

Did you go this August? We were there in June! :-)

Niki and Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #5079) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 8:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Niki, I saw in another message that Sorobon was okay (not sure if that's the resort or just the southern part of Lac in general), but photos at the Amigoe site, and reports elsewhere here indicate that Lac Cai (the northern side of Lac) suffered quite a bit. I'd guess all that nice barrier rock and lagoon at Sorobon protected that area pretty well...

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4051) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 9:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Igor....that was the little bridge they just replaced a year or so ago, right? I hope they can clear up the rubble and the structure is OK...hate to be denied the ability to cruise all the way over to Sorobon from downtown going the LONG way! What a shame about the lunch shack. Such hard work and efforts to fix it up.... Thanks again.

Hi, Niki! I hope your little piece of heaven on that side is OK, too. Can you imagine all of the conch shells disappearing? That's pretty wild! Hi to Bob from us, too, OK? Hugs to you both!

Thanks everyone for the updates.

Jake, glad you are home with Linda and the kids...and the critters too. I know they are happy to have you back home, as well. Glad to hear you faired the storm well. How's the rat?? Did the rat survive??? Ayo. Carole

Diana, I hope your knee will be OK quickly and that you will be able to get back into the waters and that the waters clear up quickly, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #5081) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 9:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda tells me the rat was brought into the house with the rest of the pets and is faring well. May be time to kick it (him?) out again shortly :-)

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4059) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 11:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake, you need the rat outside to guard and protect you guys! LOL. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12155) on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 5:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL, forget Grendel and Blijke, just put Max the Rat outside on the fence post!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3558) on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 5:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That must be scary. I'm glad Angela knows Max, so she will not be afraid...

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration