BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Compact SUV for park
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2009: Compact SUV for park
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mildred (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 - 2:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know 4wd is recommended for the park, and the hyundai tuscon we're considering has it, but are the roads in the park too rough for a compact suv? i can't drive a truck so that is not an option.

thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2227) on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 - 3:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mildred..Between you & me, I do not believe the Hyundai Tucson which is rented on Bonaire is 4 WD. Hyundai does make a 4 WD model, but I do not believe this is what you get when you rent. Better check it out with the rental agency.
If you want a 4 WD, I'd recommend the Suzuki Jimny.
Have fun!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #495) on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 - 5:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mildred.

You do not need a 4wd vehicle in the park. Many of the Jimny's that are rented out have had their 4wd disconected.

The park is certainly a little rough but any vehicle with reasonable ground clearance will sale through it. Most people use a standard 2wd pick-up truck.

I have been through the park dozens of times at various times of the year, in all weathers and in many different vehicles without any problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jenny Anderson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 - 4:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Mildred,

What Antony is saying is correct, actually you don't need a 4 WD,especially not on in the dry season, don't know when you are intending to visit dushi Bonaire?

Sure you will manage very well with a Tucson 4WD!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration