BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Cave drawings
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2009: Cave drawings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Crowe (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Monday, June 1, 2009 - 4:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello folks. I am heading back to Bonaire next week for my second, and much anticipated, visit. Although I visited Washington Slagbai National Park last trip (and loved it), I was simply enjoying diving too much to do much else topside.

I would like to get into the history of the island a bit more this time and am also interested in seeing the cave drawings. However, I don't know where on the island to find them. Can anyone point the way? Thanks so much.

6 days and counting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Stine (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #267) on Monday, June 1, 2009 - 5:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

On the road to Rincon there are inscriptions between the road and the ocean. There is a sign marking them. You can drive pretty close to them and then it is a short walk to the side of cliffs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fortunediver (BonaireTalker - Post #38) on Monday, June 1, 2009 - 8:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jeff is absolutely right. There are just off the road from Rincon, just as it opens up to the ocean. Just look for the Sign "Indian Inscriptions". There are a couple of signs/monuments that describe the inscription and what they mean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By silvia taurer (BonaireTalker - Post #99) on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 - 11:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

hello Kevin,

the ones Jeff and Fortunediver are pointing out are at Boka Onima, direction Rincon, there are also indian inscriptions at Boka Spelonk, direction Lagoen and then a tad off road to Spelonk.

have a look here at the island map:

http://www.bonaireislandinfo.com/island_map_enlarged.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Crowe (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Tuesday, June 2, 2009 - 6:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for all the help, folks. I appreciate it.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration