BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Best car rental agency?
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2009: Best car rental agency?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By H2 SheilaRee (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 2:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unlike our first trip, we are making our own travel arrangements this time.

Who is the best car rental agency to use?

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #359) on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 3:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Sheila -
I'm sure you'll get lots of responses - question first - what do you need? plain transportation, hauling dive gear, etc...

that said - we used Poppy @ Telerin - I have never had an easier rental experience - the truck we rented was a standard - had some miles on it but it acted well maintained -

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1911) on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 4:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'll second Poppy at Telerin Car Rental! She is the best! No hassel comming or leaving... Ron

Marcolva Henriquez (Poppy)
Cell: 5163001 (24Hrs)
Telerin Car Rental
telerin@bonairelive.com
marcolva@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4906) on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 5:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I always go to Everts Carrental. Haven't had a problem in 15 or so rents. Always friendly, always good pick-ups and located on the airport.

http://www.evertscarrental.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathalie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #291) on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 7:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agree on Everts. Locally owned, very friendly, helpful people and good vehicles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIVER DEBBI (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #609) on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 8:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

we were very happy with the service at ABCarrental...check them out too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1120) on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 6:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

ABCarrental has always worked well for us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annie Fox (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 9:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi guys,

I rent always from Voyager Events Car Rental
I now for sure that they are the cheapest one
Because poppy Telerin rent also from Voyager car rental , and she rent it further to her client
the masda B 2200 ..
I was before one of the client from (poppy)
But The service from Voyager Mr (john ) is Better.
just check the site

www.voyagereventscarrental.com
info@voyagereventscarrental.com.
Our call them +599-7173123

Annie Fox

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Krispi ... (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5447) on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 11:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sheila, I have not rented from Poppy before, but have heard MANY wonderful things about her and her service! There have been many posts on here about Poppy and Never anything untoward! It has even been posted about her good deals she can get. I do not know Annie Fox but would not hesitate to agree that Poppy has a wonderful reputation!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sheila Carrington (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 12:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes poppy,s reputation is oke , but i also now that the cars and pick up trucks she rent it from Voyager Events car rental.

But sorry guys, it is cheaper to rent it direcly
from the owners of the cars.
so just wat i did.

VOYAGER EVENTS CAR RENTAL
www.voyagereventscarrental.com
but poppy is also oke .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1121) on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 12:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was going to try Telerin Car Rental at one point, but they never answered my email so I just stick with ABCarrental now - tried and true in my expirience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Brown (BonaireTalker - Post #58) on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 1:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

AB car rental was awesome. Had a small issue with truck and it was replaced within minutes!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1914) on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 7:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marcus,Poppy always answeres her mail. Must be a problem with her ISP. Try again, you won't be sorry... Ron

(Message edited by ronindiana on April 16, 2009)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris keen (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #140) on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 9:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm another fan of Poppy...have never tried Voyager Events, but I did check truck rental rates with all the rental companies about a year ago, and Poppy had them all beat.

She's the BEST!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sheila Carrington (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 4:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

but it still cars from voyager events.
and not poppy is giving the service but voyager events is giving the service to the client.

And They are cheaper then Poppy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annie Fox (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 4:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes your right sheila .the cars poppy rent them from voyager events car rental

And the service is from voyager events

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie {Moderator} (Moderator - Post #731) on Saturday, April 25, 2009 - 2:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It has come to the attention of the moderators that there may be some untruths on this thread and possible promoting of the Voyager Car rental.. Neither Sheila nor Anne have ever rented nor contacted Poppy obtaining any information from Telerin Car Rentals. The only ones that could know about Poppy obtaining Voyager cars in a over flow situation would be people that work for Voyager Rentals or people renting from Telerin during an overflow situation... Please stop promoting business's that you have never dealt with...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Beck-ee, back with raging PBD (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2225) on Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 10:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Moderators, YGM regarding this situation

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2142) on Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 7:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

usually when i find someone either disparaging another company or covertly promoting a company they have an interest in i tend to avoid the second company, in this case voyager, and promote the first one, in this case poppy (sorry marge). comments such as the previous posts can't hurt poppy's business...she already has a great reputation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #16484) on Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 8:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Please note:

Some of the posts here are BS! Use your better judgement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Milestone (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 11:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi guys i rent last 2 weeks from Voyager

Great rates perfect service . thank you
for your advice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bette ( Perpetually from you know where) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1741) on Monday, May 18, 2009 - 12:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OMG!!!! Did I miss a lot.

John, you know I love you but you have to stop this!!! It's for your own good. You know what I'm talking about.

Anyway. I find it the best strategy to contact a couple of companies, just to be able to compare. Yes, I know, service and quality of the vehicle is also very important but you just can't base your whole dissension on just one or two reviews which could be doubtful. Better be as sure as possible. Usually you can see already on the response time and quality of the reaction what their service could be.

I wish you lots of luck and wisdom and a great vacation on our wonderful Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2220) on Monday, May 18, 2009 - 5:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

jerry, it seems there are a number of BS posts regarding car rentals, both on this thread and the previous one. sounds like self-promotion. one mistaken self-promotion can be expected since some posters don't understand the rules. but after a while i begin to wonder if the company being self-promoted would be worth dealing with anyway. the more successful rental companies don't have to self-promote. i still stand by my previous post about voyager.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rubtheweb (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, August 1, 2009 - 10:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello H2 SheilaRee,
i think you can refer infobonaire.com/transportation.html, islandrentalsbonaire.com and abcarrental.com.

Thank You
jumi
Car Rentals in Cochin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By maggie dobbins (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Monday, August 31, 2009 - 6:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Maggie you are spamming this site.. we do not look kindly to spamming, please refrain. Your post is on one thread.

(Message edited by modfreddie on August 31, 2009)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration