BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Long term rental/leasing of pick up versus buying used
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2009: Long term rental/leasing of pick up versus buying used
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Petrich (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 11:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are going to be in Bonaire from Aug. 16, 2009 until at least Jan. 30, 2010, and we would like to rent or lease a pick up (for diving and biking around the island), or perhaps buy a used pick up for reselling when we leave. Does anyone have recommendations on where to go for the best deal on something reliable for about six months?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By silvia taurer (BonaireTalker - Post #52) on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 5:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

hey Louis,

try Orlando Batista's (Harley) Motorcycle Shop downtown, he rents out cars too and once upon a time he made me a good deal when I stayed long term. I dont know about other official options. Anyone else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gord Alder (Owner Seaside unit 101) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #143) on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Let us know what you find. I too am also investigating the long term vs purchase options for if and when retirement arrives.

I do know that most of the rental companies at or near the airport don't offer much in the way of a long term rental cost break.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Petrich (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 4:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you, Silvia, for the suggestion. I'd like to contact Mr Batista before we arrive in August. Do you happen to have a phone number or email? --Louis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jimmy T. (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #322) on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 7:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Louis, welcome to Bonaire Talk. Orlando's info can be found at: http://www.bonairenet.com/motorcycle/index.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annie Fox (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 11:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Try Voyager Events Car Rental. The service is very good and the prices are very good as well.
www.voyagereventscarrental.com

We always rent with them when we are on the island.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sheila Carrington (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 9:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Louis,
Annie is right about Voyager Events.
I have rented a small car with them. They offered a special deal. The longer you rent from them, the cheaper it gets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Petrich (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 4:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you all--Annie, Jimmy T. and Sheila--for the advice. I will follow your leads and see what comes of it.--Louis

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration