BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Airport car rental locations
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2009: Airport car rental locations
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1258) on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 8:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Where are the car rental locations now ?
Last year they changed locations while we were there and there is some confusion on my part as to where they are located now. Will they pick us up?
What about the new one that Patrick opened?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2079) on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 10:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

the only one i know for sure is island car rental...they are at the plaza now. i stopped at their "new" location last week to see if alex was there and a sign on the window said that the government had forced them to move to another location and that you could find them at the plaza now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lizard0924 (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #312) on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 1:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

AB is at the Plaza temporarily (at least thru 3/29). Their confirmation email to us said they would pick us up at the airport and take us to Plaza to get our rental truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #480) on Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 6:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We used AB in October, as we have for the past several years. They met us at the airport at "o-dark-thirty" when we arrived on Continental's red-eye (with our name on a board) and transported us to the Plaza where in just a few minutes (just as previous rentals when they were located at the airport) we had our truck and we were on our way. No problem whatsoever. Were in our room and sleeping within 30 minutes of clearing immigration/customs/baggage claim.

Return for the even-earlier flight home was just as easy. Dropped my wife and our luggage at the airport to wait in CO's line, and drove the truck to the Plaza. Was then driven to the airport in my truck by AB's check-in person in time to stand in line for 2 minutes with my wife before we got to check in. She only let one couple pass her in line before I got there, so it worked well.

Have always had good experiences with AB, even though they are at the Plaza, but I look forward to them being back at the airport if that is the plan.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration