BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Try a solar car
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2009: Try a solar car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sparty (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #191) on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 1:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Bonaire Insider reported that if you are renting a car from AB, AB will let you try out their solar car for a morning or afternoon trial.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JAC (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, March 8, 2009 - 6:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Love it! I only saw one efficient vehicle when I was there though. It was a three wheel motorcycle.

I was expecting more smaller vehicles on all the islands.

Who the heck needs a jeep!!! a SUV!!!

I brought a bike with small tires. Went into the cactus area. Didn't get one flat in Bonaire. Only in Aruba, in the core of the city on a beer bottle. And, many in Puerto Rico - on beer bottles that were broken.
Streets are covered in a lot of debris on many of the islands.

Bonaire was a sweet islands though.

Way way way too many big vehicles.
As though the big 3 auto manufactures just down loaded their problems onto the islands.

No need for all those big vehicles.
Americans love them though - addiction.
step away from your addiction!!!
Not good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonairedesi (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Friday, May 15, 2009 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As anyone discussed BIKE LANES or SHARROWS on Bonaire? It seems such a shame that cars/trucks are dominating the streets here already. Can't we start a counter-movement? Has this been discussed? (see: http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0831/p14s02-ussc.html for Sharrows)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration