BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Any way to get a bride (in dress) onto Klein Bonaire??
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2007- 2008: Archives - 2007-06-01 to 2008-12-31: Any way to get a bride (in dress) onto Klein Bonaire??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin Fallon (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Monday, November 3, 2008 - 12:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Everybody.

Trying to make plans to get married on Bonaire. One of the ideas we're toying with is to have a beach wedding on Klein, but I am concerned I won't be able to get my bride on the island without drenching her dress.

I'm also concerned about my mom, as she doesnt get around too well these days.

Ideas? Does any of the boats have the ability to use a walkway or gangplank to get to the beach?

Sorry if it sounds stupid, but I can't figure any other way.

Thanks in advance,

Justin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1751) on Monday, November 3, 2008 - 1:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Justin,
Bonaire is hot, hot, hot all the time! It will be tough enogh to be in wedding dress for any lengh of time, let alone all day. Maybe a nice short EDEN'S BEACH thing would be in order? Good luck with your plans... Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RA. aka Agent 99(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3251) on Monday, November 3, 2008 - 1:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The water taxi, (the name escapes me at this moment, but it's not the Sea Cow, it's the other one something with Kon Tiki in the name) has a plank they put down so you can walk right up onto the beach. A gown would be difficult but a shorter length dress would probably be okay.

I am also wondering if you would have to get permission to do something like this on Klein considering the turtle nesting areas and the fragile ecoscape that exists.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6972) on Monday, November 3, 2008 - 1:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I saved Martin's life once with a cold bottle of water, a few minutes after this picture was taken.

Martin and Angela

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #647) on Monday, November 3, 2008 - 1:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi
Infobonaire has a page that deals with weddings. I would call directly with a prewritten list to avoid surprises when you get there.
The page is here.
http://www.infobonaire.com/weddings.html
Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *joe brannan* (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #578) on Monday, November 3, 2008 - 8:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I must hurry hurry hurry to invent a
BRIDAPULT..

I's always thinking

cheeeeeeeeeeeeez

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3444) on Monday, November 3, 2008 - 8:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It may be a moot point since there are designated areas where weddings can be officially conducted. You may want to check if klein is one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2869) on Monday, November 3, 2008 - 9:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Adding to Ron's comment about Heat, Klein literally has no shelter from the sun (or occasional rain). Hard logistics all around for a wedding party beyond bride, groom, minister and a couple of witnesses. And it is all sand near the water I believe, so hard on any person who has difficulty getting around.

That said, have a good wedding some where on Bonaire!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ****Tink**** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7484) on Monday, November 3, 2008 - 10:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

cheesy...brideapult...LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin Fallon (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Thursday, November 6, 2008 - 3:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

thanks for all the info everybody. really appreciated.

i want a bride-a-pult for sure!

i have another question. can anyone give advice of who could perform a non-denominational wedding ceremony? Being from the US, we will officially be married by the justice here, but still want to have a ceremonial exchanging of vows etc there. any ideas?

thanks again,

justin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *joe brannan* (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #581) on Thursday, November 6, 2008 - 11:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Justin
Congrats on your wedding and double congrats on Bonaire for the setting.
As far as the brideapult.....
$200 and two cases of brights and I deliver
$150 and 1 case of brights for a parts list and picture of the completed project.
$100 for instructions...but if I include instructions then you'll probably have a groomapult....because THEY DO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS (the womens)....be very afraid.

Weisslacker* Wedding Wishing to you and your bride.

cheesy

*Weisslacker or Beer cheese is a type of cheese that originated in Germany

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4860) on Saturday, November 8, 2008 - 11:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We were married on Bon (thanks Cecil for saving my life...) and Marvel Tromp did a great job for arranging things for us as a wedding planner. Suzi Swygert is THE best photographer on island (IMHO). Contact me via PM if you want more info.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration