BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Question regarding kayaking
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2007- 2008: Archives - 2007-06-01 to 2008-12-31: Question regarding kayaking
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bartek Jankowski (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 8:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

hello,

I'd like to ask, if it's possible to do canoeing without any guide? We did so on Curacao and would love to repeat it on Bonaire. I know that there are guided tours in Lac Bay and perhaps we'll take advantage of them, however we prefer to do canoeing on our own. Do you know, where we could do this, where could we rent canoes and how much does it cost?
Best regards, Bartek
www.tropikey.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3381) on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 8:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You are welcome to rent a Kayak and strike out on your own..friends this past week went to Klein. Bonaire dive and Adventure rents kayaks as do a few other places if I am not mistaken. Guides are required for Lac.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Dobson / Den Laman unit F (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #143) on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 9:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael, Guides are required for the mangroves not Lac. We often kayak and snorkel the reefs to the east of the bay. Peter

(Message edited by prdobson on September 14, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #616) on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 9:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You can rent a kayak at Jibe city.
Great place to hang out too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bartek Jankowski (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 12:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

thanks a lot for such quick answers! What about the rental rate? What should I expect in this matter?
Bartek
www.tropikey.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #617) on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 12:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rates in Jibe city

http://www.jibecity.com/windsurfingrates.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Dobson / Den Laman unit F (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #144) on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 2:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The rates for kayaks at BDA are found on their Web page. http://www.bonairediveandadventure.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bartek Jankowski (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 5:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

thank you very much for links. Do you know if family size canoes (for 2 adults and 8 years old child) are available?
Best regards, Bartek
www.tropikey.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3385) on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 8:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You are indeed correct...I somehow think of Lac as the mangroves and windsurfing only.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yo MO - Meet me at the 3Day in Atlanta (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4310) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 4:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would just suggest that you really listen about the direction you need to go when you kayak. I sent my hubby to rent two kayaks and he completely missed the directions so we went the wrong way the whole time - MAN was I worn out.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration