BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Need Help!
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2007- 2008: Archives - 2007-06-01 to 2008-12-31: Need Help!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lizkos@gmail.com (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 4:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,

Does anyone know what that building at Boka Slaagbai is?

My fiancee and I are trying to get married there but can't find any info anywhere on what the building actually is and if it's always locked up or what the deal is...the only piece of information that is available is that it is a building from 1800's.

Help?!

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1534) on Monday, September 8, 2008 - 5:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

you might mean the building that had been a shipping center at one time in the 1800's. i heard they used to slaughter the farm animals and ship the meat out of there along with aloe and other products. the present building is the one that was rebuilt within the last 10 years, it's not the original. the original building was destroyed by the wave surge from hurricane lenny in 1999.

contact stinapa for more information. the building has always been locked when we've been there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3370) on Tuesday, September 9, 2008 - 11:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It can be rented. call 717-8444 or email info@@stinapa.org. I spoke with them just now and it can be done, but there may be some restrictions as to the use..best to get your answers from them

(Message edited by gmichael on September 9, 2008)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration