BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Taxis and car rentals?
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2007- 2008: Archives - 2007-06-01 to 2008-12-31: Taxis and car rentals?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ann s (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 5:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi everyone! Currently planning my first trip to Bonaire. My boyfriend and I will be arriving late on a Thursday night and catching a very early flight the next Sunday. I'm trying to figure out a car rental situation for our 10-night stay... right now considering either taking a taxi when we arrive from the airport to our lodging OR calling a taxi to pick us up from our lodging to take us to the airport early sunday morning. Or perhaps spend a few days either at the beginning or end of our trip without a car (saving us a bit of $$).

Can someone tell me about taxi availability on the island? Is there a system in place where you could call at 24/7 or at the very least early or late?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1693) on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 9:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

TAXI-7 (599) 791-0707
(5999) 512-0707
Farid & Susy Taxi Very dependable and good prices.

Email taxi7_@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Johnson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #447) on Saturday, September 6, 2008 - 1:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My personal approach is to take the taxi to the hotel when I arrive and rent a car the next day.

Here is why:
a) You don't need to lug and shepard your bags from customs to your car rental place, into that car, out of the car and into your hotel. Instead, the taxi meets you at the curb and helps you put the bags right there and and take them out at your hotel.
b) You save the 12 hours car rental (partially offset by the taxi cost)
c) You are tired and you don't have to wait in line at a car rental place -- you get to your hotel much quicker. You then get to pick up the car when you are a bit rested (most places will meet you at your hotel) and do your inspection in the daylight.
d) Not an issue for repeat visitors, but for first timers -- the taxi will easily find your hotel.
e) Taxis seem to always be waiting at the airport for incoming flights

Where are you staying? At some locations a car is really a must but at others it is less so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ann s (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Saturday, September 6, 2008 - 4:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi David,

Thanks for your response! We are staying in town for the first 3 nights then moving to Sorobon for the rest of our Bonaire stay. I'll definitely take a cab as we are arriving right about when all the rental places close....

thanks again!! we're so excited!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration