BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Did car rentals move?
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2007- 2008: Archives - 2007-06-01 to 2008-12-31: Did car rentals move?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gotta dive (BonaireTalker - Post #20) on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 8:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Did all car rentals move across the street? We arrive at 4:30 AM and I am sure they won't be open then but am curious if Total is in their normal spot.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #456) on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 9:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

AB, Island, Total and a few others moved to their new location across the street from the entrance to the airport. Website for this new location is:

http://airportcarrentalcenter.bonairepage.com/location_english.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gotta dive (BonaireTalker - Post #21) on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 9:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6874) on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 9:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dr. are they back at the "new" location across from the aiport again? When we arrived May 25 that's where they were but when we left they were at the Plaza property.

Are they back across the street from the airport since June 8?

Thansk!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #895) on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 5:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carole is correct ... the "new" airport car rental location across the street from the airport is not in operation. Rental companies are using a shuttle to take people to their current location at Plaza.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #457) on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 7:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Carole and Susan for the update. Sure would have been a shock to us when we got off the Continental red-eye and dragged our bags to the wrong new location.

Any idea why they moved again, and if (and when) they will move back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3235) on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 8:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You don't want to know all the reasons for the screwed up car rental situation. Politics, I am sure, played a big part. It may be a while before it is settled however. The wheels of justice grind just as slow here as elsewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Ford (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 11:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

A couple of weeks ago Hertz and Everts remained at the old location.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bette ( BC from you know where) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #898) on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 11:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's true Brad.
Only 4 car rentals have remained on the airport
Avis, Everts, Budget and Hertz.
At the Plaza are;
Total, AB Car Rental, Island Car Rental and Top Drive.
The rest have their own locations.
The Plaza Car Rentals use a shuttle Bus for picking up guests and the elsewhere Car Rentals pick up guests themselves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4778) on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 11:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

From a well-informed source I have understood there has been a kind of a break up. AB and several others have moved, 6 or 7 others are still in the location at the parking lot of the airport. The little offices are bigger now. Just contact your rental agency to see where they are located.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6047) on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 2:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

what a mess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1669) on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 7:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you use Poppy she will have your car/truck waiting for you when you arrive at the airport!

Marcolva Henriquez (Poppy)
Cell: 5163001 (24Hrs)
Telerin Car Rental
telerin@bonairelive.com
marcolva@hotmail.com

When you leave ya just park the vehical in the parking lot, and put the keys where she tellsya, and whala your done!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By April (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #250) on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 7:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Poppy could not make it any easier. She's the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3239) on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 9:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Only four remain at the airport...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DiveWarm (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 9:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Our rental was through Total (at the Plaza) and it wasn't much of a hassle to take the shuttle over and get the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Live From Bonaire in 10 Months (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6502) on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 10:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was using AB when the "move" happened. When I arrived, they were across the street in the new building, but were picking up customers and driving us over. When I left, they were at Plaza and if your flight was at a time they could accommodate they would drive you to the airport. However, if you were on an early flight (like I was) you dropped the car off across the street (at the new empty facility) and slipped the keys in the drop slot and walked over to the airport. No big deal. They emailed me to let me know the truck was fine when they picked it up.

Bette is correct with regards to which companies are where. Trust me, she knows.

If you drop off a truck, I suggest taking pictures of the truck and taking a picture of the gas gage. Just to be safe...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gotta dive (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 2:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Arriving at 4:30 AM Sunday, does Plaza have a shuttle that covers the red eye arrivals and 6 AM departures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bette ( BC from you know where) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #899) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 11:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Did you pick already a car rental?
If so, you might want to check with them if the shuttle bus runs that early or if they will collect you themselves.
When I myself was waiting for guests last week, I found out that unfortunately this shuttle bus does not run every time one of the Plaza car rentals has guests, so I jumped in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christian D. (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 10:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Text removed due to possible self promotion and lack of co operation.

(Message edited by modseb on July 25, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bette ( BC from you know where) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #926) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 4:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hm, Voyager Events Car Rental, Those guys are not even a month in business right?
John? Wasn't he working for the former Lions Car Rental before?

Christian, did you just move here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ModCyn (Moderator - Post #728) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 4:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bette, we have emailed Christian trying to find out his exact affiliation, however, he seems to be evading our questions...

hmmm....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bette ( BC from you know where) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #927) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 5:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thx Cynde.
I have the feeling I know who this is.

Anyhow, if he is who I think he is, he will probably refrain from posting again and if he is the real deal then he is very welcome to our little family and we are grateful for his input :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bette ( BC from you know where) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #928) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 5:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Btw, did you try that link?
Well............ that still needs some work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ModCyn (Moderator - Post #729) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 6:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

uh on the link...hmmm...if he does work for the company, the post will need to be pulled, that is what we are trying to find out from *him*

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #18) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 8:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, this stinks, I agree with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christian D. (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 9:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

tell us your affiliation Christian and I will reinstate your post

(Message edited by modfreddie on August 13, 2008)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration