BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Sights to visit on Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2007- 2008: Archives - 2007-06-01 to 2008-12-31: Sights to visit on Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roxane Mamita (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 6:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

This message is for Bonaire visitors who would like to know more about places to visit on the island.
There's a lot of information about diving and about Washington Park already but little about the rest of the island. If you are interested in getting to know the island better and learn more about the history of the island you can have a look here: www.rinconero.f-sw.com

Underwater Bonaire is great, Bonaire itself also :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7594) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 7:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roxane, Welcome to BT! Very nice website. Thanks for letting us know about it. :-) I found it very informative.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6078) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 10:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roxane, Welcome to Bonaire Talk, and thank you for the link. Rincon does get mentioned here, but it's usually talked about when coming back from dives up North, or to eat at Rose Inn. What a great site, and a tribute to your family heritage.

What about a page that describes your family history in Rincon, as your grandparents grandparents were raised on Bonaire? It would be a wonderful tribute to them, plus a wonderful education for us:-)

Thanks again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6653) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 10:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roxane, welcome to BT. Great site about Rincon. I can tell it took some work but it is a work of love and it shows. Great job and do not be a stranger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RA. thankyousir,mayIhaveanother? (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2790) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 11:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roxane, very nicely done! I enjoyed reading all the information and all the beautiful photo's! I will look for Mamita next time I drive through Rincon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos ) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1582) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 11:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roxane...Great job on the website! A lot of interesting information which I was unaware of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yo MO - Meet me at the 3Day in Atlanta (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3842) on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 12:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great site Roxane. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to go back and stroll Rincon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roxane Mamita (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 4:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you guys :-)
I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my mail this morning and saw all of your positive feedbacks.

Boat Chick, thanks for the idea about a page about my family history in Bonaire, I think it's interesting and I'll start thinking about it.

I'll let you guys know when I have more information! Have a great day! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6106) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 10:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roxane, the reason I mention the family history, is that we did that for my grandmother (before the internet) in a book. She lived to be 97, and had so many stories, and history of the places she lived adn grew up in the United States. I wish I had done video of her as well. Now that she's gone, had we not done that, when we have questions about our heritage, or family, we wouldn't have the answers. I didn't do it with my mom and dad, and there are a lot of times I have questions, but no answers.

Putting it on the page would keep it forever, and also, since Rincon and bonaire have such a rich history, it would be educational for others as well. It is time consuming, but worth the effort:-) Just a suggestion of course, you can tell me thanks but no thanks...lol ;-)

Again, great website, and thanks. I've marked it in my favorites to share with others when they have questions about "what to do on bonaire!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Jenkins - 4 Weeks Till Bonaire!!!! (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 7:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for putting this informatin together. I will be on the island in only 4 weeks and have had a hard time sorting everything to do out.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1056) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 1:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Roxane, I know this took a lot of time but I know it was a labor of love. Great information about a nice village.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration