BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Terlerin
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2007- 2008: Archives - 2007-06-01 to 2008-12-31: Terlerin
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 7:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just wanted to add my two cents about Telerin. Poppy had the best rates, met us at the airport and went above and beyond during our stay and departure. The fleet is not in the best condition but I don't really think you need a nice new vehicle on Bonaire. All we cared about were reliability and cold AC. I would think that the newer fleet vehicles get looked over with a fine toothed comb upon departure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1635) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 7:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes Dave, Poppy is the best! She has good service, and her personality, with continuous eye contact is her special trate! She also takes amex!!! Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By April (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #231) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 9:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agree, Poppy is awesome. She made the whole process of renting a truck so easy and pleasant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TRACI THOMPSON (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

That is good to hear. I will be in Bonaire for my first trip in August. Our group has 3 trucks rented from Poppy :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lisa z (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #188) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 2:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds great. Where can one get in contact with Poppy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris keen (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #108) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 3:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lisa:
Here's Poppy's email address where you can contact her:

telerin@bonairelive.com

Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1636) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lisa, You won't be sorry...

Marcolva Henriquez (Poppy)
Cell: 5163001 (24Hrs)
Telerin Car Rental
telerin@bonairelive.com
marcolva@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By theresa vogel (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Thursday, July 3, 2008 - 9:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

just got back from a 10 day stay on bonaire and used poppy. poppy is great. her trucks are a little rough around the edges, but the ac worked like a charm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By margaret c wilson (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Saturday, July 5, 2008 - 5:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nothing but praise for Poppy and Telerin. No waiting for a truck... after youve flown all that way (for all the $$) you don't want to wait!
As a matter of fact my husband and I were talking about her today & how we'd been so happy with the convenience. Telerin's truck was MUCH better than what we'd gotten before with ABC.

Note, Poppy also works for KLM (I think) so to return we just dropped our keys off with her while she was checking people in for the flights.
It was as easy as that.
Marg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Art and Alyson Gullette (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 8:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'd like to add our latest EXCELLENT experience with Telerine rentals and Poppy. Just as everyone has said, she was there with our name on a sign as we left customs at the airport. It couldn't have been easier! The truck was in excellent condition, too!

About 5 days later the latch for the tailgate would not work, leaving the tailgate locked. We called Poppy late one afternoon and were unable to reach her. The next day after our morning dive we called again and did reach her. Within a 1/2 an hour she had a person deliver another truck to us that was older than the one we had rented. We were happy as it had good AC and a working tailgate! One day later there was a note on the windshield of the replacement truck that "our" truck was fixed and to call so it could be delivered to us! So within 2 days we had a our truck back and were never without a vehicle. Also, Poppy was very apologetic about the broken tailgate latch. As my husband told her, that is something that one can never anticipate.

We were EXTREMELY pleased with the service we received, the price of the rental and the EASE of both pickup and drop-off of the truck! We will DEFINITELY contact Poppy again the next time we come!! WE highly recommend her!

Aly

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration