BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Car rental with Tropical Holland
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2007- 2008: Archives - 2007-06-01 to 2008-12-31: Car rental with Tropical Holland
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bette Cobs (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 2:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi there,

We were planning to rent a car on Bonaire and we chose Tropical Holland.
Did somebody already rented there and what were your experiences?

Thanks a bunch
Bette

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7061) on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 8:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mmmmm. Never heard of them. Must be new?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kaye (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #216) on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 9:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Their one-page website doesn't say that they have an airport office. This would be important if you are arriving by air and wish to drive away from the airport.

While they do have a website, they're too new to be listed in the Bonaire Yellow Pages. The only listed business at the street address they give is a collection agency.

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10059) on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 9:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

David see this thread Marc
I think something is fishy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kaye (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #218) on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 10:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Possibly fishy, maybe not. Bette's post opens the door to lots of comments like "never heard of them", "stick to an established operator", etc. If it is self-promotion, I think it wasn't well done.

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bette Cobs (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 12:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie, I followed your "Marc" thread and .......

Guys, guys guys
Although I think it is good that forums like these are moderated so closely, I must say that I was a bit taken by what you guys concluded there.

It was just an innocent question!!!!
And Freddie, I do not know how you got by the address you stated as to be mine but if you must know, we (hubby and me) just moved to Bonaire and as we do not have a car yet we would like to rent one.
I got the name from a car rental company I worked with while living on Aruba and because I could not find a lot of info on them I thought to put my question out here.
Furthermore, I do not know about this Marc dude but either he has actually never flown with Tiara Air or he is indeed self promoting. Tiara Air has one very outdated airplane. I flew with them once and that was definitely enough. Brrrrrrrrrrr very scary.
Freddie, I do hope this is explanation enough for you.

However, I did get some useful suggestions on this forum and I am grateful for these. I am planning on starting out with Avis or Budget and will check on Tropical Holland later personally and I will keep you posted.

Lets keep it lose!
Bette

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10060) on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 7:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the explaination Bette, when two people show up within minutes with their first post I have a tendency to check them out especially if one of the posters is kind of self promoting.. Just taking care of business as it were..Welcome to Bonaire Talk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1547) on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 8:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bette, Give this company a call for the best prices!

Telerin Car Rental
P.O.Box 347
Kralendijk
Bonaire Netherlands Antilles
Tel: 599-7174108
Cell: 09-5163001 (24 Hrs)
e-mail: marcolva@hotmail.com
e-mail: telerin@bonairelive.com
Marcolva Maria Henriquez (Poppy)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bette Cobs (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 10:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Freddie, no worries!
No real harm done.
Like you said: Just doing your job. And a good one at that.
Apparently is this necessary.

I am still hoping on a reaction of somebody who did had some experience with Tropical Holland.
I will pay them a visit later on this week and see if I can get a feel from this, but it is always better to compare, right?

And thanks Ron for the tip, I will call her too.

Bette

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joseph bilicska (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, August 9, 2008 - 6:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Any updates on Tropical Holland???????????

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration