BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Car rental
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2007- 2008: Archives - 2007-06-01 to 2008-12-31: Car rental
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Prickett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 11:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have booked online a small car from Hertz. Anyone have experience with Hertz rental at the Flamingo Airport in Bonaire? I have also read some reports that a car may not be suitable when on tour in the National Park. Is this so? We are not diving but will be windsurfing and snorkeling, so I figured wouldn't need a truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #319) on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 1:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jason, we just rented from Hertz and were very pleased. If you are a member of AAA they will honor the discount. You will only need a truck if you want to go to the park. Otherwise, a car is adequate for all of your needs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #532) on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 1:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jason
Don't be discouraged about the park thing. You can probably exchange the car for a truck one day. Talk to the agent and see if they can work that out for you. Other than the park a car is fine.
Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Armour (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Monday, March 3, 2008 - 12:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone used Telerin Car rental?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1466) on Monday, March 3, 2008 - 12:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Poppy, the owner of Telerin, is a sweetheart! She runs a top notch operation. Poppy, dosen't have a website, but answers her email everyday. Her prices are the best, and her service is great! She meets you at the airport(anytime)with your rental. She excepts Amex, and their CDW. Poppy, will tell you where to leave your rental when you depart. We have used her service for the past 5 years, with no problems! She is the BEST!!! Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1467) on Monday, March 3, 2008 - 12:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Telerin Car Rental
P.O.Box 347
Kralendijk
Bonaire Netherlands Antilles
Tel: 599-7174108
Cell: 09-5163001 (24 Hrs)
e-mail: marcolva@hotmail.com
e-mail: telerin@bonairelive.com
Marcolva Maria Henriquez (Poppy)

Give her a call next time Terry, Tell her I sentya!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Amy Kwalwasser (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 1:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Are you saying that if we want to tour the park we can't do it in a Toyota hatchback from Avis?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Prickett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 2:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Amy,

We just got back from Bonaire last Sunday, and what we did was trade our Chev Spark hatchback for a truck for the tour of the Park for one day (Hertz). As the roads are VERY rough at times, I would recommendt asking your rental company to upgrade to a truck for the day in advance. I am glad we had the truck, in fact I don't even know if they would let you in with a small car (clearance and big pot holes is the issue). If you are into an adventurous climb, climb up Brandaris for a trill and great views.

Jason

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Amy Kwalwasser (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 2:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Jason. Given that there are four of us, do you think upgrading to a jeep might be a better solution for the park?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Prickett (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 3:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, if you can...you could also go for a truck with a full size cab for 4, depending on availability. People ahead of us leaving the park had people in the back of the truck bed...not too comfortable nor safe bouncing around IMO!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Amy Kwalwasser (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 3:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Appreciate your help. BTW, I posted some questions under SNORKELING re Kids 7 and 12--haven't received any response. Have any feedback on that post, please? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #973) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 5:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

you will need a truck or other type vehicle. Jeep would do. Most of the vehicle rental places will tell you up front that you can't take a car into the park because of clearance and rough roads. The dive trucks are 4 door with 5 passenger capacity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Amy Kwalwasser (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 12:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hopefully, they will let us trade it in for a day or two on a jeep. We rented with American Airlines miles, so not sure how changes are made. Happy to pay cash for the price difference for those couple of days, so that should work, right?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration