BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Island Car Rental
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2007- 2008: Archives - 2007-06-01 to 2008-12-31: Island Car Rental
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Sheridan (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, September 5, 2007 - 9:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Any one have any experience using Island Car Rental?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #436) on Wednesday, September 5, 2007 - 11:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbara -

Might I suggest you go to the bottom of this page, click "Keyword Search," input "Island Car Rental,"
"match all words," "whole words only," and "perform search."

If you're not registered to perform the search, it is an easy and safe process to register and if you use Bonaire Talk a lot, you will find the search feature quite helpful.

You will find a rather extensive discussion, including some fairly recent experience of travelers.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Sheridan (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Wednesday, September 5, 2007 - 12:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks much - did the search and turned up some concerning information on them. Appreciate the tip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #437) on Wednesday, September 5, 2007 - 1:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbara -

I'm glad you found what you were looking for.

We have not used Island, but we have used AB Car Rental, Netty's and, this mid-August, Everts (http://www.evertscarrental.com). Of the three, we had by far the best service from Everts and intend on using them next trip. Others can tell you about their own experiences.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By karen gaffner (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #187) on Wednesday, September 5, 2007 - 5:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

we had great service from abcarrental.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1289) on Wednesday, September 5, 2007 - 10:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've also used Everts for the last 8 years, always GREAT, pleasant and efficient service. I'm already booked for next year's month...

Would never hesitate to recommend them. The owner, Ilka, is a great Bonaire-born sweetheart!
Josie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1048) on Thursday, September 6, 2007 - 11:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don't like waiting in lines! So Telerin Car/Truck Rental is my choice. Poppy has someone meet you at the A/P with your truck. Sign you rental agreement and your on your way. Same thing when you leave.
telerin@bonairelive.com Tel: 599-717-4108
Cel: 09-516-3001(24/7)
She has good prices and good truck's...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom C. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5065) on Thursday, September 6, 2007 - 12:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbara, if you do searches on almost any business mentioned on this board, you will find some negative post. That said, I have NEVER been mistreated by ANY car rental company on Bonaire.

Car rental companies I have used over the years are:

A.B.
Island Car Rental
Netty's (no longer in business)
Telerin
Total

and Buddy Dive's resort fleet.

Wishing you the same kind of luck I have enjoyed and a most pleasant trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted I (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 3:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just got a refund on my deposit against Island after 5 months. The whole story and final details are posted here:

http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/1022/321312.html?1192734679

Ted

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration