BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Looking to buy a bicycle
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2007- 2008: Archives - 2007-06-01 to 2008-12-31: Looking to buy a bicycle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Finan (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 6:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,

I will be a student at St. James in January. I was looking for some classifieds that would have listings for bicycles or even scooters. In the US, Craig's list is VERY popular for all types of items for sale, but I couldn’t find any listings at all in Bonaire....I guess it hasn’t caught on yet.

Anyway, are there any online classifieds for Bonaire? Or can anyone give me an idea of what a decent used bike or scooter goes for there? I really don’t want a car, too much gas, pollution, and cost. But I want to be able to get out and see the island a little better than what my feet will carry me. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

p.s. try Craig's list, it's free to list things, free to read listings. They make their money from corporate clients who pay to list jobs in California....it's free for everyone else!
http://caribbean.craigslist.org/

Thanks you,

Jason

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MadMan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #149) on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 7:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You want to buy or rent. Try the freeweeler (frank) or Minguel at eden beach

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christina Glass (BonaireTalker - Post #25) on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 8:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Current sjsm student starting next week here. You can buy a bike as soon as you get to the island. There are several stores that sell them. They are not high end like in the states but they get you from point a to b. I bought my son's at the superstore and paid $135 guilders for a 26" mountain bike. Then went to Tung Foo and bought my daughter a BMX bike for $195 guilders and myself a 26" mountain bike for $215 guilders. They all come with cheap innertubes for the tires so as soon as we bought them we took them over to the Bonaire Cycle Shop (right by the superstore) and a wonderful gentleman named James replaced some of the inner tubes and just today fixed my sons gears and brakes. We looked at shipping some in from the states and with the cost of that plus the cost of the bike it was just cheaper to get them here. Plus you only need it for a few months then you can either sell it or do what we plan on doing and that's donating them to the boy's home before we leave.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration