BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Hair cuts
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2007- 2008: Archives - 2007-06-01 to 2008-12-31: Hair cuts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KJ (BonaireTalker - Post #38) on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 2:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone know if there are hair cut shops or barber shops for men and women near Kralendijk? or Saint James?

Also, are they open on weekends????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Wayne Williams (The Great Escape) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #392) on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 2:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I use Vanidades (across from MCB). It's a strange mix of a shop: lingerie, women's clothing, massage, pedicures, manicures, and haircuts. Cutting my hair and trimming my beard costs around $20.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By O.C. here we come aka RosAnne (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1695) on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 3:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

In the "mall" there is also a salon that looked cute. I also seem to remember a salon near the cigar bar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Stanfield (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #139) on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 8:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello KJ,

I recommend Corinne. Her number is 599-717-8119.
Her salon is just across from the Catholic Church with the high steeple that is in Kralendijk. I have been going to her for about three or four years and she always does a good job. She is open Tuesday through Saturday. I recommend an appointment.
That reminds me I need to get tickets to Bonaire to get my hair cut next month. If I have to ever get my hair cut in the states I know I have been away from Paradise way too long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KJ (BonaireTalker - Post #39) on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 6:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

How much would any of these places cost? in USD or guilders?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Stanfield (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #140) on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 8:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Corinne is about 21.00 NAF for wash and cut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1184) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 8:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is there any really kind person who would be able to make me an appointment to get my hair done on the morning of our silver wedding anniversary? A manicure would be good too. I don't arrive until late on a Thursday and am worried that there won't be any appointments left for the following Tuesday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5561) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Julia, why don't you contact Ann Phelan? She is a wealth of information of all things Bonaire, and if you've not had the pleasure of meeting her, she is also quite charming.

Congratulations on your anniversary !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5562) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oops! Forgot her contact info !

ann@bonairecaribbean.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2706) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 2:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have my haircut by Desiree. She comes to my place of business and we sit outside in the breeze and chop away..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5564) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 2:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael, how is it that you always manage to make me envious? I mean I love my hair chick... but seriously !!!

It's like Mayberry, only with water. lol.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1186) on Saturday, September 1, 2007 - 4:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Got it sorted, forgot that the ladies at Sun rentals would know what to do, those girls are great! :-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration