BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Need for 4wd
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2007- 2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-05-31: Need for 4wd
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Northern Dog (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 2:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

How much need is there for 4wd ? I would guess most of the need in only on a rough road (ie in the park), in which case having a pickup with reasonable clearance is enough?

Anyone thing putting things under a hard tonneau cover makes it at all safer from theft?

thanks for any responses

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #793) on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 2:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What up Dog? Nice to have but not necessary. I've done the park several times with a rental truck that didn't have 4 Wheel - no problem mon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #794) on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 2:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

One thing I need to add though, be careful when parking on some of the dive sites. I got stuck in the sand at Fish Hut South and had to have the rental agency pull me out. Make sure you stay on a solid, perferably rocky patch of ground; and, no, I don't routinely drive on the beaches of Bonaire. This was a lone sandy spot on the other side of a small rock ledge that I thought was also rock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #795) on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 2:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I wouldn't consider anything in the rental vehicle secure under any circumstances.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration